Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Learninggrowing
Senior Contributor

Tough times

Why is it that when you are finally starting to see and feel some improvement in life,  along comes another challenge thrown at you to battle thru.  Sometimes I think I must have been a bad horrible person in my past life, cos it feels like life isn't on my side.  And so i have a my ups and downs like most people. But much more downs. So yeah it feels really unfair and hard to pick yourself up and be positive about life again

1 REPLY 1

Re: Tough times

@Learninggrowing

Welcome to the forums and I hope you find the forums supportive and helpful.

I'm totally hearing about the ups and downs of life. And yeah, sometimes it feels like when you are down already, you get kicked a little more.

It's hard to be positive and look forward to each day, but I try to look for the one small thing that makes that day just a little OK. If that means you got out of bed and brushed your teeth, that's a win.

And no, I don't think you're bad or horrible. I think some of us are predisposed to have more down times than others. It's just our wiring.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance