Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Struggling

Hey @Flying_Hams

will you be staying around? 
I want to put what has been happening the past few days?

Hey @Smc @Pollyotter 

how are you?

Hey @Eve7,

how are you? 

Hey @Fluttershy1
I had to go to bed all of a sudden last night. Sorry to leave you hanging.
Happy to read and chat today when I can in between work.

@Fluttershy1 ,

Thinking of you. How's things so far today?

BPDSurvivor

Good morning @BPDSurvivor @Flying_Hams @Anastasia @Owlunar @greenpea @Lee82 @Former-Member,

how are you all? 

Last night was extremely hard, spent most of the night crying and not knowing how I feel about myself. 
Called MH Triage and they settled me down and then I fell asleep for abit then I woke up at 4:45am in extreme pain in my tummy which was not nice at all. 
Haven't really slept much.

Take care🐚

Good Morning @Fluttershy1 ,

It's great you were able to reach out to triage. 

I hope you'll feel slightly better today. Perhaps some fresh air will help?

BPDSurvivor

Hi @Fluttershy1 

I am sorry about the hard time you are having - and I am glad you reached out to MH Triage last night - I will have to look that up as this seems to be a new thing - and I am glad they helped

About these little alters - I know they are part of yourself - I know most people have an inner life that can be interesting and fulfilling but these little alters sound like a bunch of children existing within you and I am really interested because of the way you express yourself about them

How did you find them? Did they appear one by one like a natural family or did they all come at the same time?

It must be so distracting having these "people" wanting this wanting that etc. and when you want to sleep - they all have an opinion I guess - 

Is there anyway to negotiate with them - trade off time - eg. telling them that if they let you sleep tonight you will give them time tomorrow? I am just wondering

What I do know about alters is that they make therapy very difficult - it would be hard to maintain a conversation with a therapist with them all butting in

You do sound like a battler though and I wish you the best - keep going and keep safe

Dec

Hi @BPDSurvivor 

Thanks for such an encouraging post - people can get remission from BPD - that is wonderful to hear

I really believe that predicting a situation and being proactive is a great way to live - regardless of the conditions everyone has to encounter. We can learn to be positive with our behaviour - it applies to so much - after all - somehow we all have to live within the parameters of society - 

I applaud your philosophy - it's wonderful

You're right - there are people in society to have their noses in the air - perhaps they have not yet successfully encountered a life-changing event - most of us have past events that have challenged us - the first time might be when we are young and suddenly a light in the chaos tells us we can do better and one way or another we learn and get on with life itself which can be a huge adventure. I look at the world this way - and I certainly have clutter in my past and yes - I am thankful for it because I have learned so much - 

Hayfever and asthma can really exhaust us - sometimes I will sneeze so much and so hard I have to lie on the bed until it stops - and this happens often - I went to an allergist too and I am really allergic to dust mites - and without any diagnosis - pollens I am sure because this time of the year is interesting. I'm glad the desentization worked for you - I never got to that because I couldn't pay for it at the time but I did move and the asthma cleared up.

I have something from the pharmacy - something new - a very salty nasal spray - it works for me and I have an atomizer as well - 

But I have not vacuumed for so long I forget how long that is - I am allergic to vacuuming so someone else always does it while I keep out of the way

Life is interesting - I like the light and shadows - I feel I could not see one without the other - either way

Thanks for your insight - you are an interesting person

Dec

Hi @Anastasia 

I'm sending some love back -

Dec

It's so good to have friendsIt's so good to have friends

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance