Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Karo88
Casual Contributor

Struggling big time :(

Hi so I'm new here and did t know how to go about this or if I should in the first place.

I have been struggling with my anxiety really bad in the last 1.5 weeks, more so the last few days where I have been so emotionally overwhelmed and find it difficult to control. I've lost track on how many times I've cried during each day.
I also feel very sensitive and get triggered easily - sad, anger, irritated.

feels like a non stop roller coaster ride..

All kinds of Negative thoughts having been racing into my mind. And then things that have happened to me recently I either feel so guilty (family related issue) or terrified and anxious (medical issue related) or unloved & alone & unable to talk to anyone 😞

I feel so exhausted and don't know what to do or where to go to talk about my issues/struggles.

i hope someone can help me and point me in the right direction.

thankyou so much in advance to anyone who reads and responds. 

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Struggling big time :(

@Karo88 

Hi,

I hope you are feeling better. 

I am not sure where you are based, but do check out this website:

https://www.arcvic.org.au/our-services

They have a variety of services including call helpline, support group (currently via zoom), companion program or various resources/apps that assist with anxiety issues.

I have been to the support group a few time and I can assure you that the people there are sweet, gentle but most of all, they CARE.

Wish you get better soon! Smiley Happy

@Lilaca  Welcome to the forums.

I’m sorry you are struggling at the moment.

You mentioned medical related issues, so I’m presuming from that, you are seeing your GP. If you haven’t already spoken to him/her about your anxiety, that might be a good place to start.

You have come to the right place for support. Many here are struggling with all the issues you are. Sometimes, not feeling alone in that can help.

Feel free to look around the forums and join in. The @ brings a dropdown where you can tag people.

Hi and welcome @Karo88 . That's good you have reached out and joined the forums, where people understand and can relate. 

I want to second @Maggie in saying that talking to your GP about your anxiety might be a good place to start. Your GP might offer medication to get you through this intensely anxious period, or might suggest referring you for counselling with a psychologist.

I also hope just talking about your struggles here might bring some relief. 

And I also want to thank @Lilaca for your suggestion of ARC...I have OCD, agoraphobia and anxiety, and have never heard of ARC. 🙂

Hi @Karo88 just wanted to say that I read your post, and welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you have a lot going on atm. I have found it very helpful to chat with people here because they just get it. I also struggle with anxiety and it has spiked recently. Just being able to express what I am going through here sometimes helps a little. Take care.

PS I thought about joining the forum for 2 years before I did it, and felt a bit at sea for a while. It has been worth it for me Smiley Happy

Hey! I'm so sorry to hear you're experiencing this. In my opinion you need to trust yourself that this experience and journey you are on right now will be a benefit to your future. Allow yourself to feel emotions. Perhaps journal your feelings and once you've finished allowing your inner child to communicate, close your book/diary/notepad and let those feelings move through you and bring you to a place of peace again. Recentre yourself by writing down your goals, ambitions even your priorities. Remember to always be grateful for who you are, as you are the only one of you and that is a beautiful thing. Name the traits you love of yourself, the things you know you are good at! You are a human being, it is normal to feel sad or stressed but it's always how you come back from it that keeps you winning. Chin up, don't forget who you are!

Hi @NatureLover ,

ARCVIC offers a variety of support groups for different needs including OCD, Trichotillomania (Hair Pulling) & Dermatillomania (Skin Picking), female childhood abuse trauma recovery, hoarding & clutter, social anxiety, etc.

Please check out their timetable here:

https://www.arcvic.org.au/community-education/community-education-seminars?layout=table&limitstart=0

Most programs offered are free for access to everyone. I would highly recommend as I have seen members there actually bonding friendship and healing together which is really sweet. Smiley Happy

I am a newbie there and the support groups were unfortunately discontinued due to covid-19, but they opened up zoom sessions now.

Hope tthis will help anyone who might need that extra support. Smiley Happy 

Smiley Happy

Thanks @Lilaca , very interesting! 

@Lilaca 

I agree. I have never heard of them. It's good to know.

Thanks.

Thinking of you. I feel the same x
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance