Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Self Harm

@Jhaneylena  thanks so much for your kind post.   I'm exhausted tonight so will keep it short...   

Sorry to hear you are crying and upset.    Is it depression?   I really hope you're okay......

Did you manage to do any further research into a psychiatrist?

I hope you get a good night's sleep.

Love Angels333 

@Angels333  I have only just found this thread. A very difficult but important topic.

Finding words without triggering others is difficult. I have been hospitalised for life threatening SH in the past. I agree it’s an addiction, and comes from very deep pain. Like so many areas in MI, it’s musunderstood and judged, treatment we don’t need. Labels like “ attention seeking “ get attached along with unhelpful treatment.

Thought I could not say it’s in my past, it has eased considerably. For me, it was finding someone I could talk to without being judged. I know that’s a big ask, and it took years to find, but well worth the find.

Thanks for the courage it took to open this discussion.

Good morning @Maggie Yes it difficult to not trigger others.    I started this thread as I was worried about triggering others in the other threads I use.    It's not easy to talk about but for me I am so lost with it all I need to talk about it.    SH has been a big problem of mine for a number of years now and it is better than what it was.   But it still dominates me and I'm  still struggling. 

Sorry to hear you were hospitalized with SH   that must have been a traumatic experience.    Thanks for coming on the thread and sharing your story,   it means a lot to me.   

Hopefully I can beat this addiction to SH,  I'm so ashamed of it.   

I hope you can have a good Friday @Maggie , do you have much on.?

@Angels333  I hid my self harm for years, because I was ashamed. If I’m honest, the shame is still there.

I do find stress triggers mine. I think it releases a build up of pressure. 

Keep talking if it helps. I don’t know how it works, but it does.

I’m heading out with a friend soon to get a few food supplies and walk the dogs. She has a Moodle, I have a chihuahua.

I hope there are moments of light in today for you.

Good Afternoon @Jhaneylena @Maggie @Snowie @Appleblossom @Zoe7 

I hope  you are all having a good day just wanted to send hugs to you all

My day has been good, lunch out with Mr Angels  then a walk in the sunshine at a local park.   

I have work tomorrow  so won't be around until Sunday.     

Thanks all of you for your stories and support 

Angels333 

@greenpea    I meant to tag you above ^^  

Hugs to you💙💙🤗

That all sounds wonderful @Angels333 Just thetype of day you needed after some not so great days Smiley Very Happy I know you have anxiety about work but hoping the lovely day you have had today breeds some confidence in you also - you certainly do well once you get there Hon and that is a positive. Heart

@Angels333  Sounds like a good day for you and Mr Angels, it’s so good when it happens.

I hope work goes okish. 💕💜💞

Have a great weekend sunshine. THANKYOU and your doing awesome.

Hey @Jhaneylena @Maggie @Zoe7 @greenpea @Snowie 

I have been very busy over the last week.   No SH for over a week which is a huge thing for me.    I've struggled a little with SH thoughts though so it hasn't all been smooth sailing. 

I have my Aunt's funeral on Friday, that will be a long day.    

I hope you're all doing okay, I'm around a bit today and tomorrow if you want to chat.

Love Angels333 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance