Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Self Harm

@Angels333  I read this and I am really proud of your self-awareness and your desire to locate the triggers. You can see yourself sliding into depression and anxiety, but you are trying to do what you can to keep it at bay. I hope you realise how great this is - you are using the tools that you have gained over the years. 

Gardening is so soothing. Our yard has never looked better, we have nowhere to go so we have tried to make it an enjoyable place to spend. We don't have so many flowers, but we have a really good herb garden. I made a really yummy homemade basil and mint pesto yesterday.

It sounds like a really smart idea to get in touch with your pdoc about your situation and your thoughts around medication. I urge you to consult with them before doing anything. It's reassuring that Mr Angels is helping you with this.

I hope you get done what you want to today. Thinking of you and here for you x

Hello to any others passing bye 🙂

TAB
Senior Contributor

perhaps look at your feeling that you are burden  @Angels333  Im sure you arent. embarrassment can be debilitating, perhaps write your feelings down and what is actually happening afterwards

Hey there @Angels333 thanks for sharing this, I am sorry to hear of what you're up against with some of those heavier thoughts, can also be hard when we're managing the concerns of our partner and trying to be a parent at the same time. You are a strong human that is for sure, and your post contains a lot of depth and self-awareness. The gardening sounds to be a good idea, and hopefully if D3 moves some stuff you can get stuck into the cleaning. I find cleaning super grounding, sometimes where some of the best ideas and changes seem to come to play in my head. Let us know how you get on Heart In regards to the heavy thoughts, would you be up for connecting with one of the SANE Counsellors here? They may be able to help you with some strategies too.

Hey @nashy 

Thanks for your response.   I was considering using the online chat,  I  have just started a few chores but I do plan on connecting just to get some help with my thought processes.

Hi @Angels333  I hear you too.  I want to reiterate what @Molliex @nashy and @TAB  have said - I couldn't put it any better.  Take care.  Your level of insight into what's going on is a really good sign.  And a reminder to do what self-care you can to prevent things spiralling (as you called it I think).  Glad to hear you have support with taking your meds.  I had a really bad 'intention tremor' in both hands for some time (a few years) and eventually one med was switched for another and it cleared up.  Such a relief.  Wish I could tell you which one it was.  Definitely worth talking to your psychiatrist about what's happening, in my humble opinion.  

Take care of yourself my friend please. You deserve it

@Angels333

Thinking of you

Hey @Flying_Hams @eth @nashy @TAB @Molliex 

Thanks all for your individual responses.   I did end up asking D3 for some help to clean the lounge room, we moved the lounges and vacuumed behind sorted some music filing shelves near the piano.   The room was so dusty, my MH was pretty bad last year and I struggled with motivation,  I really haven't cleaned there for at least 12 months.    Mr Angels is in a good mood because he is happy to see me being productive with D3.   I feel better after we finished D3 and S2 and I played a card game, that was fun too.

@Molliex your pesto sounds great and from your garden too, a funny thing my friend, I made homemade pesto yesterday too.   But I bought the basil then added pine nuts, cashew, lemon juice garlic and olive oil.    No permesan as Mr Angels can't eat it because of his bowel disease it has to be vegan.

I will phone the hospital to discuss bringing my appointment sooner with my psychiatrist.   I highly suspect he won't make any changes to my medication.   And there's no possibility of me making those decisions on my own as Mr Angels is very much in control of that situation.     I've decided to write down how I'm feeling and talk it over with Mr A, I just don't want to alarm him as I've exasperated him before.

So this afternoon will be busy with ringing my Psych and a few other housekeeping phonecalls, mainly trying to organise payment plans for some bills as I'm out of work.  If it couldn't get anymore stressful.

I have to go now and drive S2 to work!

Thanks again for you support this morning,

Love you all xx

Angels333

I think @Molliex  said everything I would like to have, and really well too @Angels333 .... just letting you know I am thinking if you too 💕

Onya @Angels333

@Flying_Hams @Faith-and-Hope 

❤🧡💛💚💙💜

Thanks friends xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance