Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

jay2
Senior Contributor

SADS

Hi all the old friends,   Been a while since I put in a few words. Have been keeping things under control by puting in a few words on Twitter.  Can express my anger at all the things that the politicians are doing.   OK for a while but it's that time of year again. Winter and the coldness ,brings on the seasonaly affective disorder..I know I must get out in the sun every day,but theres been no sun.. I know what I must do,but the cold seems to smother all of those must do activities.  All I want to do is cry and stay in bed...I will hang in there ,allways do...Just jotting a few lines to SANE helps.   Comiserations to every one in Vitoria who are in lock down... when we have all been vaccinated should be better.. Lots of love to all  ......jay2

5 REPLIES 5
Oaktree
Senior Contributor

Re: SADS

Sorry to hear that you get Seasonal Affective Disorder @jay2 and that there is no sun for you to sit in. Ever considered getting a light box? My Mum had one of those for her SAD. It's so difficult to get motivated to do anything at all when you feel like this. Be kind to yourself and take baby steps.

Meggle

Hi @jay2 , I have SAD too and am also in Melbourne where there has been no sun, and there's no sun in the 7 day forecast up ahead, either 😞 I started taking a Vitamin D tablet on every day without sun a few years ago, and I think it makes a difference. I still really struggle on cloudy days though - it's amazing the huge difference the sunshine makes, to my mood and outlook and motivation. 

I feel for you, take care...

jay2
Senior Contributor

Hi Meggle,  Bit the bullet, bought a pr of Light Therapy glasses,  very pleased with the results. Would recomend them for sleep therapy and SADS. Works well for both. Didnt pay the over the top price as advertised for brand new,bought a near new pair on Ebay for a third of the price.Very happy with my investment.Thank you for your suggestion...jay2

@jay2 that's great! Wow, I have never heard of light therapy glasses, I will investigate! Thanks!

@Oaktree 

jay2
Senior Contributor

Hi Nature Lover, They are made in Australia, actually in my state in Adelaide. They are called RE-TIMER. being advertised widely at the moment. They cost about $289 upward but look for them on Ebay, can dicky with the price ,dont forget to also go for postage free.Regards jay2  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance