Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Reflections

@Smc  thank you for the solid guidance and the personal reflection you have shared of your own experiences. I can only imagine all that you have gone through but I am happy that you have found a means to work things out in as best a manner as that possible. 

MI are real and are not easy for anyone, be it those 'directly' impacted or those there to support. I am always in awe of the remarkable stories of strength of all involved and the journeys traveled. Wishing you and your family well in support of your daughter and of course your mom; I am happy to hear that your Mom is in a better space.  

I keep hearing about self-care and I must be honest until recent time that was not my reality not to the degree that I required thank you for sharing what it means for you and your family. 

It sounds that your daughter has a lot on her plate and it is incredible to hear the love and support that she is receiving from you all even though of course it has been demanding. 

Many thanks @Determined your story draws much parallels I have seen a few of your posts and will be certain to read some more to get better insights as to the journey you have walked. I know that it is not easy for your wife and it is good that you been able to support her during the challenging seasons. 

Thank you for emphasizing the value of boundaries and how they can help us in our environments and interactions with our loved ones.  It is something I have come to learn and appreciate much later in life and something I am still working on not only in my personal life but my professional engagements too. 

Thank you for stressing self care. I wish you well in your journey and I will go read a little more of your shared experiences thank you for painting some of that which reality has shone for you on that side. 

Dear All,

Thank you all for all the insights, care and concern shared. I appreciate your sharing of your experiences and lessons revealed. In the passing weeks, I have begun to appreciate the amount of work that I need to see to within, some times the experiences in our lives uncover some patterns which require visibility and healing. The pain experienced today is not only based on my present reality. I am beginning to accept I have no control over but also some struggles in my childhood.

Mrs. Living Waters returned yesterday, and I have to be frank. I do think based on some of the experiences she has shared that it has begun a process for her, that she was able to connect with others and share of early life. I

The reality that I may have fantasised about, wished for, prayed for, did not take form. Rage was very present some of the same challenges as before but seemingly more emboldened.

Although the team has provided feedback around "BP traits" and cluster B challenges. I don't think Mrs. Living Waters is ready to acknowledge the extent of the problem. She has changed tune says such problems she does not have of those issues. Perhaps this is part of her process who knows. 

I am grateful for your reminders for self-care and will be taking some time to tend to myself, in seeing to my own mental health and the work I have to do. Thank you for this incredible forum and the community.  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance