Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Playing On The Tracks

how has your weekend been @creative_writer ?

@Kyle1, I’ve been lousy this weekend, maybe my hormones + burn out effect from emotional turmoil I dealt with for so long. I am in a better place psychologically, but I sort of feel so wiped out and unmotivated. Did you get up to much this weekend?

Oh, what a drag @creative_writer   .😔

As for me, I didn't get upto anything particularly pleasant.

Chores, and fever. 

@Kyle1, I hope the fever settles down soon and I hope you can do something kind for yourself this evening 💖

I am supposed to clean out my draws but haven’t been bothered. I did clean out my closet recently though, just not in the mood of sorting through papers. Maybe it being period day 2 isn’t helping

Hello @Kyle1. I am sorry to have missed your post and had not been able to respond earlier, but I am glad that so many others have. I must have logged off when you logged on. 

Sorry, too, that you are feeling so down right now. Unfortunately, I have no 'handy hints'. I just play it by ear, myself. I find that if my mind is occupied, I can plod on and, for a little while, forget the things that plague me.

You sound quite ill, @Kyle1. I hope you can pick yourself up from this physical and emotional downer soon. I like to think that you will become so tired from not sleeping that you will exhaust and sleep will result. Unfortunately, when we aren't sleeping, our problems churn away unrestrained and grow out of all proportion. When I am in that situation and exhaustion fails to allow sleep, I resort to my anti-depressants. I only take half a tablet, and for me, that's a big concession. I take it for a few nights to break the pattern of sleeplessness. It has worked so far. We need our sleep, don't we?

Can you do a lot of exercise or take long walks to tire yourself out? Lay down in front of the television, close your eyes and pretend to be paying attention. I always fall asleep in that situation. It doesn't matter if it is only a short nap. It all helps.

@Kyle1, I don't know what to do with you or how to help. I just wish I could drop by and share a chat and coffee. I hope today will be a little brighter. 

yes, I wish so too @Historylover 

My fever has broken, atleast. And you may be right about the TV thing... I laid on the couch and we all watched the kids movie Madagascar last night. Felt better, emotionally. 

I'm pleased your fever has broken, at least, @Kyle1.

I am very fortunate that I never get sick from bugs etc.! My health was so damaged from my physical, stress-induced breakdown of so long ago that it will always be fragile, but 'catching' things has never been one of my problems. I must have a very good immune system. Likely, your low mood has left you vulnerable.

Well, today is another day. I hope it will be a good one for you—and me! I don't know what I will do today. Right now, I have to do some housework while I make up my mind. Breakfast, ✔️, dishes...

@Kyle1, dishes, ✔️

you've given me an idea @Historylover 

Today I will bake cake. It will fill the house with feel good aroma 

Don't just talk about it @Kyle1. Vacuuming, ✔️, washing on✔️...Coffee time (yes, already) and read the news.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance