Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

PANIC

i dont understand i was ok i was managing but just now i just got a flash from the people who hurt me i feel like they are about to burst in through the door any second and take me. but then i havent done or said anything to anyone but i still feel like they are coming. my heart is racing and i feel tears coming and i am starting to shake. i havent done anything they cant come i cant have them come again. i am scared. why wont the panic go away i dont understand why i didnt do anything wrong. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: PANIC

@Eden1919 sorry to hear this is happening.
I’m no good at giving advice but when I’m panicked sometimes I try and distract myself..it could be trashy tv, listen to music that makes me feel safe and evokes good memories.
Could you make yourself a nice cup of tea or have a bath? Thinking of you hun x
greenpea
Senior Contributor

@Eden1919  Hi Eden1919 so sorry that your are going through this. Hopefully today these feelings will have calmed down a bit for you. We are here for you Eden1919 always. Love greenpea xxx

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

@Newby @greenpea  thanks it was not the kind i could distract from sadly it got worse after i posted and i ended up shaking and crying while curled up in a ball on my bed. it has settled down a bit for now but i have been on edge all day. it just came on so suddenly i was just sitting there then for some reason got a flash of what happened in my head and then i just lost it then i thought it was calming down which is when i posted but then it came back again but worse. idk how to stop it. 

@Eden1919 how are you feeling now? Thinking of you

Hey @Eden1919  I hope you have found some peace from these horrible and terrifying thoughts. I just wanted you to know I am thinking of you.

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

@Newby @Queenie  thank you both. i am a bit better today but i am still very on edge i tried to go to a resident event today but only lasted half an hour i feel really spacey aswell and am having a hard time studying i dont even feel like i am here half the time. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance