Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Numb again

Hope the move goes well @Lee82 

Hi @Pollyotter 😀

I would love to share wassabi nuts, M&Ms (peanut preferred), and red wine with you and @Lee82 .  

@Zoe7  too if shes around.

Actually I am having a glass of good Shiraz wine myself right now. I too have been watching some heartwarming feel-good content. A show on Channel 10 called The Dog House. A British show where homeless dogs are matched up with suitable new owners. So yeah, a bit of food for the soul. Just finished now though.

Sherry 💖

@Former-Member 

Sounds good. 

Iam still getting to Know wine in Australia. I know South African Wine well but still getting to know the local selection. 

It would love it if we all had a get toghether. ohhhhh can you imagine the insanity. 

I have a selection of M&Ms so you are covered hun

Former-Member
Not applicable

It would be nice wouldnt it @Pollyotter 😀 But we do the best we can remotely I guess.

Australia has lots of good wine regions. What state are you in? That is, State within Aust, as opposed to a drunken state. 😆  Tas, SA, WA, NSW, VIC all produce good wines. QLD have some wineries, but not as good as other States (in my opinion). NT .. I have no idea if they grow grapes, though I think its doubtful.

I have spent 5 weeks in South Africa and Zimbabwe in 1983. I visited a couple of wineries out of Capetown at the time. They produce some very good white wines. Not sure about reds, wasnt really into red back then. But these days I prefer red to white.

Sherry

@Former-Member 

I stay in QLD and I am still to find a red that speaks to my liver and of course my tastebuds! 

awww Zimbabwe was so briliant back then and they had good produce as well. 

I love Red wines even if i love them too much sometimes. 

Unhhh yes Capapiontage is fabulas xhoxolate block is yassss and then there is the African Java... that has me drooling already . 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Ha ha @Pollyotter ... you sound like a connaissoir? QLD does not have a lot to offer regarding wines. Bearing in mind that everyones tastes differ dramatically.

My thoughts are that you cant go too far wrong with a Barrossa (Sth Aust) red wine, or anyTAS or WA white wine. And there are a couple of good NSW regions with very good reds and whites (Hunter and Riverina). VIC also has some good wine regions.

On the whole, I think price is generally a good guide for what you get in Australia.

Sherry

@Former-Member 

ohh nooo I am only a conno.... something when it comes to M&Ms and Tequila... I am as you would say Bogan as heck actually. I am going to start my own wine tasting for myself because there are some interesting wines out here. Thanks for the tips 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Ha ha ha @Pollyotter ... Thats okay ... M&Ms it will be then. Though Im not a big fan of tequila. Its okay in some cocktails though. 🍸🍷🍹

Yeah I know .. I couldnt spell connoisseur. Just looked it up. 😯

By the way ... I loved both Zimbabwe and South Africa.

@Former-Member 

Honey I cant spell 90% of english still... ( note to self get an english dictionary) 

English is still new to me . so your good hun

Hey @Pollyotter how was your day babe? I see you have been talking with @Former-Member. that's fantastic you have had someone around for you. I'm so sorry babe it's been a pretty rough day and I couldn't check in as much as I wanted to. 

@Lee82 

That is all good hun.

anything I can do to help? 

@Former-Member  and myself are going to have M&M tasting sessons and dress it up all fancy like a wine tasting . You and @Zoe7  and @Former-Member  and the others are more then welcome to join us in our classy tooth pick show off. I will bring a donkey too. i dont know why but we need a donkey.. or I ca be the doney jahaha

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance