Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not sure what to do !!!

We're coping more or less OK, but everyone's got their own challenges at the moment.

Hubby and I are a bit up and down, but mostly managing to make progress on a few things we've wanted to get done for ages. Even though neither of us had jobs anyway, it does look like outside-of-home activities being brought back to almost nil will free up more time and mental space for us. As long as we don't get sick, we might come out of this better off, not worse, but that's a pretty big "as long as..." so we shall see.

My sister lives by herself, so she's anticipating being alone a lot. Not good. Her employer is still open for business, but we don't know if that will continue.

Older Daughter is getting her head around us not being available, and seems to be coping with online grocery shopping and telephone doctors' appontments. Dunno how she'll cope long term, will have to "wait and see".

Older Son is a computer nerd (and proud of it) so has good online contacts, but will probably miss being able to play board games with friends. And they're both on DSP so they're OK financially.

Younger Son's uni course has stopped. Too many contact classes- dance and drama. And his prospects of getting hired as an entertainer have disappeared too, but he's already on Student Youth Allowance so he's got that as backup. He's very socialble, so he'll find staying at home hard, I think.

Younger Daughter is doing a lot of sleeping in, and a lot of oooking when she's awake. So far, we've had brownies and choc chip bikkies, and she's planning on making spaghetti bolognese for us tonight. I'm not complaining... She's missing get togethers with friends, but keeping in touch online.

one day at a time @Smc , that is all we can do Heart

we are not working 

i got in trouble the other day as i had to take mum up to get her arm redressed 

have to take mum up again on monday 

see how many of our jobs we will still have when it is over

ohh it is hard
got told the other day that i should be in isolation with my problems
we are self employed ( cleaning and mowing )

and my husband is thinking we can still keep working

my family and friends are telling me not to work 

Former-Member
Not applicable

My dear @Shaz51 

Please do what you need to do for your own physical and mental health.  I do believe that stopping work is the best option, for all sorts of reasons.  And certainly you need to be very careful to keep yourself isolated as much as possible.

Besides that, I wanted to thank you for the support you have provided to me since I became a member here in September 2016.  Your ongoing and comforting support and friendship has always been there or me, and many others.  I sincerely hope I may have, in some small way, provided some comfort and support to you over the years as well. 

I wish you well in all that you do in this uncertain future we currently have. Please take care of your very special self.

Sherry 

I sincerely hope I may have, in some small way, provided some comfort and support to you over the years as well.

ohhhhh yes and yes you have and you do my awesome friend @Former-Member 

wow nearly a 4 year friendship HeartHeart

i miss you when you are not here 

any way how are you today , lovely to see you xxxx

@Former-Member, @Smc@Adge@Jacques@Wanderer , @Former-Member , @Determined@Appleblossom@Owlunar@greenpea@Faith-and-Hope@eth 

well just got home

taken  mum to hospital because of a partially blocke bowel obstruction ( in lots of pain )

keeping her in hospital 

came home and cooking dinner 

and mr shaz is questioning me and thinking and saying things like,

"when are we working again "

"you dont want to work anymore "

"what are we going to do "

awwwwwwwww

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Shaz51 💕

hello @Former-Member 

i have tagged you here to read my story 

sorry i have to go and lay down , a big day xoxo

Rest well @Shaz51. Hoping for some peace for you.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Additional anxiety in uncertainty @Shaz51

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance