Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not sure what to do !!!

Hello @Shaz51 just dropping you in some 💞💕❣️

Hope your day was kind to you, Mr Shaz and your Mum xox

hello wondering if anyone has had  cotisone injections at all 

do they work straight away ?? 

mum is having some in the arm / shoulder because of all the pain and wondering what to expect 

@Smc, @Former-Member , @Zoe7@Jacques@Anastasia@Owlunar@Appleblossom@Faith-and-Hope 

Hi @Shaz51 

I have had cortisone injections into my shoulder joint to treat a frozen shoulder, some years back now.

It should be noted that cortisone injections are not a pain killer as such. What it does is to reduce inflamation. And that in turn, decreases the pain.

But in my personal experience the injections do have a fairly quick effect. My recollection was considerable relief by the next day.

But this would depend on what is being treated, and the individual's personal anti inflamatory response.

Emelia

thank you @Emelia8 Heart

having my fingers crossed that it works for my mum, but not sue about it 

@Shaz51, Hubby had a course of three cortisone injections for an injured shoulder. It wasn't an instant fix, but it sort of prompted his body to kick into healing mode. Not a complete recovery, but better than it was previously. The injections themselves weren't painful.

Hi @Shaz51 I have had Cortisone injections in my Knee (for Bursitis).

I've had Cortisone injections in my Left Shoulder, for Bursitis.

Pain did not reduce immediately - but started to feel less painful, a few days later.

The pain in my left Shoulder (Bursitis) 2 & 1/2 years ago was Severe.

I could not sleep any night, for several weeks - Which caused Sleep Deprivation, & caused other problems.

Sometimes a Cortisone injection is not enough - Several Cortisone injection are sometimes needed, over a few weeks or months.

For my Knee, they 1st had to Syringe out all the Fluid (before Cortisone injecton) - As there was a huge bag of fluid (the size of a Baseball) on my knee.

I hope this helps your Mum.

Adge

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes @Shaz51 - I have had cortisone once in shoulder and another in hip. Both for brsitis. Both worked - the first one took 4 days to kick in fully, and the other was quicker. Oh my goodness, such a relief to be pain free. So far a permanent effect. They do it guided by ultrasound which is a bonus. I recommend it. ✔️

thank you @Anastasia@Emelia8@Smc@Adge , @Former-Member Heart

mum had her cortisone injection yesterday 

last night she had more movement in her arm and said it was still felling tight xx

That is good news @Shaz51 , thank you for sharing xox

had a very big week and a busy day saturday 
my mum had a ultrasound and a cortine injection on thursday which had helped her to have more movement in her arm 
my poor mr shaz is finding everything soooo hard , I am trying hard to finding a right balance to help my 
and i ammmm aching sooo much at night time and in pain  
ohhh sorry everyone , I am just feeling sooooo ????? @Former-Member 

@Anastasia, @Former-Member , @Adge@Smc@Emelia8@Jacques@Sophie1@Appleblossom@greenpea@Owlunar@eth@Mazarita 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance