Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not sure what to do !!!

Hugs @Shaz51 .  Sounds like you need to rest for a bit .....

I think soo @Faith-and-Hope  Heart

@outlander, @Bea , @Former-Member , mum has 3 weeks left of the transition care to go and then that is it

@Shaz51  Hi Shaz51 sounds a hell of a day..... why is the physio so dead set on your mother using a stick when she is happy with the walker? Is this the same physio that wanted your mum to go to the pool?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Perhaps time to check and see if things like meals on wheels could be continued @Shaz51 

Sometimes I wonder @Shaz51  

Your mother is 88 and has a bowel obstruction for which she has had countless operations and it has been suggested she goes to a swimming pool 30 minutes drive away - and she told the physio and the person had it all "planned" - I am glad your Mum spoke up - and I don't think a swimming pool would be fun for me actually - ah woe is me - I am sorry it the plans were not going to work - truly - but that's asking a lot for an older person

Using a walking stick would be a harder issue - perhaps your Mum needs to speak up some more - it must be nerve-wracking watching her battle

We are all entitled to our opinions - and we are entitled - we even need to speak up - I can understand your Mum wanting to stick with the walker - she must be feeling safer with the mobile support with a handy seat right there. She is so independent naturally if she wants to stick with the walker being so independent she need tp say so - very hard  for her to give up I can tell

And you felt sick while you were cooking - my guess this isn't a symptom of pregnancy - so maybe it's your gall-bladder - or stress from all the visitors your Mum had - or something else - which you don't need

This is your second Mum saying take it easy - I'm glad you had time off over Easter - today it was raining - and you had custard tarts with your Mum - that sounds good

All the best Shaz - this is not an easy time for you and it has been going on with on-going stressors 

Thinking off you

Dec

yes @greenpea , same one and next week she is getting mum to go down town in her buggy

yes all in hand @Former-Member  --- meals on wheels to  be continued, my aged care has arranged protein drinks , alarm system  and other things which mum will need  which is good

thanks my second Mum @Owlunar Heart

mum will end up doin what she wants to do xx

maybe it's your gall-bladder - or stress from all the visitors your Mum had - or something else - which you don't need -- very true ,I also have hiatus hernia  and pain in the kidney area xx

early to bed i think

pregnancy-- wouldn`t that be the biggest surprise ever Smiley Happy

@Shaz51  in her buggy? is that a motorised scooter?

yes @greenpea a motorised scooter,but I think mum is just wanting to stay home xx

Former-Member
Not applicable

Do you ever take Mum's buggy for a spin @Shaz51 ? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance