Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

eclipse
Contributor

Not okay.

Im stuck inside my mind, where there is no future, no good things, just emptiness. Im falling apart and its getting harder to cope. Instead of being a time of peace, my sleep is full of vivid dreams and nightmares which cause me to wake up feeling scared. Im on anti depressants daily and have other meds to help when i feel really anxious. I have a job interview tomorrow which I know is positive but i just cant see the point of anything anymore. My memory is also worsening and Im scared. Sorry to be posting, probably sounds stupid. 

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Not okay.

No stupid at all @eclipse 

Is it worth a visit to your GP/psych to talk it through?

Sending some of these. 💕💕💕

@eclipse your description of disrupted sleep & nightmares is the kind of sleep I've had my whole life. I have meds & supplements to help me sleep, otherwise I'd get no rest & not recover at all from injuries. So your psychiatrist should be able to give you something to help you sleep.

Good luck with the job interview. sounds exciting & a potentially new beginning for you. Shame you're feeling flat about it. I just work casual shifts and usually I feel better for working a shift as my colleagues and managers are kind and respectful to me. Just lifts my mood. So maybe a new job could be useful for your MI. I don't think it's healthy to go into a job interview & trash-talk yourself, it's best to put your best foot forward.

Hi @eclipse 

Not stupid at all. I've felt all those things and sometimes still do. Our minds can be mean sometimes. You're not alone, silly or anything else for feeling how you do - or for posting. If posting helps, then post away!

Sending support and best wishes,

GTT  

Thinking of you @eclipse 

I hope the job interview went ok.

Your post definitely didn't sound stupid. A lot of us here can relate.

Hope you get some rest tonight.

@frog thank you so much, I did my interview and it went well. Hope you're having a good week.

@Got_the_tshirt thank you so much, you're very kind. I find it does help to get things off my chest. Hope you're having a good week. Best wishes, eclipse.

@BryanaCamp thank you so much, it is comforting to know that Im not alone. I hope the meds and supplements continue to help you get good rest. Thats so great about your job, I'm glad you have supportive people there. I think my interview went well, I feel really good about it. Thanks for reaching out, hope you're having a good week. Best wishes, eclipse.

@eclipse  I'm glad it helped. As it happens last night my mind's demons were as mean (actually brutal) as they have been for quite a while. Really awful stuff, and nightmares to boot. Thankfully things have improved now. Fingers crossed they stay that way, but I suppose sometimes all we can do is ride the storm - and try to remind ourselves that riding it is actually a pretty awesome achievement - because it really is - and it's very easy to forget that.

Hope you're doing ok.

GTT 

hi @eclipse . you're welcome. How did you go with the job, did they give you an offer?

I just did a 4 hour shift today & it was hard but my colleaugues were nice to me. I'm glad I have my 2 jobs. My colleagues are nice to me.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance