Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Tw Not Coping

@creative_writer Can be tough to do, but I believe in you. Sitting with it, letting the not-okayness be there without trying to understand it or change it... can be hard. But can also help the emotion release on its own 💜336870316_238291685315373_2473446220627395509_n.jpg

Yeah, I get you there, @creative_writer

Though they will pass these feelings, I've been learning that they come and peak over the past few months and then slowly go away. Nothing is ever permanent. 

That’s true @Jynx, usually when I’m heightened it helps to focus on my surroundings are opposed to “why does my body not feel right?” Over focusing just makes it worse.

@Birdofparadise8, it does pass eventually, even if it takes a while. It can take a while to fade, but I guess that’s how it can be at times.

@creative_writer that is awesome that you're able to refocus when you need to. And always with these things they get easier to do the more we do them - like riding a bike, practice is key. 

You got this, and here beside you in the meantime 💜

It can take a long time to pass @creative_writer. I know for me this week, sometimes it can last a few hours, or it hangs over till the next day, but it eventually gets a bit better and then comes back. 

@creative_writer 

It sounds like waking up with it all is very trying. I know for me that is the worst thing about trauma: not only does it haunt an entire night of dreaming, but it dumps a garbage truck more on my mind at waking, too! And then comes the crying 😪

I don't know how to make that go away. And I don't know how much longer I can "live with it", either...

What are somethings you've done before, @creative_writer  that's helped you on your way in the mornings?

Hey @Kyle1 @creative_writer 

Good morning, Laura 🤍

@Birdofparadise8 

It's a warm, bright morning here in the valley.

How is your morning?

@Jynx, trying to learn to navigate around these strong emotions. I just hope it becomes easier with time ❤️

Hi @Birdofparadise8, how are you doing this morning? ❤️

@Kyle1, it's hard when emotional pain is the first thing you wake up thinking about. it's exhausting and draining. I am sorry you have to go through with it too, I am here for you. I feel like getting up and having breakfast helps, but it's hard to get up, but once I do, I feel like things improve ❤️

@creative_writer 

These days when I think of breakfast I think of Irish coffee... which is scary strange because I don't even like whisky!

Change is becoming me, and I'm not even trying to stop it anymore. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance