Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Tw Not Coping

Hi @Paperdaisy @amber22 @Eve7 @Bow @Shaz51 @Captain24 @creative_writer @Kyle1 

How is everyone today? 

I'm just about to have my first TMS today. 

Hey @Birdofparadise8  

hope your treatment goes well 

It’s so weird how my hand moves each time. 

How did you find ECT? Did you have to be put to sleep for it @Bow

Hey @tyme 

I think I’ve just fucked up. 

My mum thinks I’m at work 

I just called my gran because I’m on a walk and told her I’m not working today. 

Im not sure what to do now. If I should tell my gran that I’m in hospital so she doesn’t tell my mum she talked to me about me going for a walk when I’m supposed to be a work. 

@Birdofparadise8 I seen a brief video of a TSM treatment the other day and yes, I seen how it makes your hand move.

you are given a general anaesthetic with ECT. It’s all very quick. You’re only under anaesthetic for a few minutes. I looked at the clock for one of my treatments and I was in, put under, given the treatment, taken into recovery and then taken back to my room all in about 30 minutes.  The first few were in and out really quick. The last three got to stay in recovery for longer cause they had 3 beds in recovery and seperate nurses to care for them. Everyone else was taken back to their room and a nurse would come in every 30mins to check our vitals. 

being put to sleep 3 times a week was full on. It washed me out for the whole day. I kinda looked forward to the weekend cause it was a couple of days off. 

how do they do TSM?

That sounds like a lot to go through @Bow

Can I ask do you have depression as well as your eating disorder?

TMS is just a coil on your head and it stimulates your brain and it take 25 min and you don’t get put to sleep. 

Hi @Birdofparadise8, I hope you are doing okay. I’m disassociating, so floating on a fluffy transparent cloud right now

Oh okay I’ve never experienced that before @creative_writer.

Can you look at my previous post about my mum and gran. 

@Birdofparadise8, I’m having one of those depersonalisation and derealisation and depersonalisation. It’s not new to me, I even remember disassociating as a kid.

I understand why you feel worried, what you tell your mum is ultimately up to you. The end of the day you are her daughter and she loves and cares about you. My parents were aware of every trip I had to the emergency for mental health, even when they weren’t here in Melbourne.

Do your parents support you with your mental health @creative_writer

Okay, I'm unsure what to say as I don't experience it, sorry. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance