Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Velociraptor
Senior Contributor

No one actually gives a shit, never any help when you need it.

What the flip is the point. 
None of these phone numbers help, that is if they actually pick up. The sane chat is never flipping online. 
I'm sick and flippinhg tired of 'just ask for help' but no one is ever actually flipping there to help. 
fuck them all. 

20 REPLIES 20

Re: No one actually gives a shit, never any help when you need it.

@Velociraptor  Hey Velociraptor I agree whole heartedly particularly with the sane online ..... I hate using the phone and really appreciate being able to talk online ..... do you have someone you can talk to in rl? a trusted doc, mental health worker or pdoc?

Hey @Velociraptor. It's super hard when you try and reach out but you get nowhere. It does my head in 🙁

I noticed on the website that the helpcentre is closed today. That doesn't help you today but just so you know chat won't be online today I'm guessing.

Would it help to talk here? I know there are people who care here.

@greenpea,

nope, it's the pdoc and therapist that make me need to talk to someone. 
they just make it a million times worse. 
I was just hoping for someone a bit kore rational than me to talk me through some stuff. But I'm not allowed to post about this stuff on the forum cause it might upset people. I just need to talk to someone about it. 

Thanks @CheerBear, good to know it's down all day. 
I'm not really allowed to talk about this stuff on here. And if I do I just get censured and deleted. 
I also don't feel very welcome by most of the mods, they've made it clear they don't like me and I guess for that reason I only come on here when I'm desperate. 
I just really needed some support and a sounding board. 

I get how helpful a sounding board and some support can be @Velociraptor and how hard it is when you need that but can't get it.

Sorry you can't talk about things in the way you'd like to and that you're desperate but sounding stuck. Wish there was something more helpful to say than 'I get it'.

I know it can be really tricky and kind of frustrating to find ways to say things within the guidelines here, but if you manage to do that there will be people here to offer support.

Hi @Velociraptor,

I'm sorry that you're having a tough day and were hoping to contact the SANE HelpCentre - I can imagine how frustrating it must have been to see that it is closed at the moment. Today the HelpCentre is having a staff development day which is why they are closed and re-opening tomorrow at 10am. They only have one of these development days per year and the purpose of the day is for them to reflect on ways they can improve their practice so they can offer the best service possible to all the people they support on the HelpCentre and Forums.

There are some other telephone services out there that might be able to help you today:

- Beyond Blue 1300 22 4636 and they also have an online chat service

- Lifeline 13 11 14

Maybe try giving them a go?

Otherwise, our Help Centre will be up and ready to go again at 10am tomorrow, so please do feel free to contact us then and we'd love to talk/chat with you.

Take, 3Jewels 🙂

Thanks @CheerBear 

Boiling it down, my psych has changed my diagnosis, but won't tell me what it is. I think I know what they might be and if it is any that I am fearing, it's an unfixible, unwinnable situation. 
I'm going away next week and could best solve all my problems then. 
how do I force my psych and therapist to honestly answer my questions before then? Depending on what they say depends on what I do. 

Not being open with you doesn't sound good to me @Velociraptor. I think I'd be feeling all kinds of things if that happened to me.

I don't think we can force anyone to do anything (as much as I'd ultra like to sometimes). Maybe a silly question but have you spoken with them about how you're feeling and what you're thinking about not knowing? And how important it is to you to have an answer to this?

Thanks @3Jewels 

I appreciate the reply. 
I don't have a problem with it being closed occasionally, it's just it feels to me it's never open when I would like to use it. 

the other chat services were useless. Go to hospital, do not pass go, do not collect $200. if I thought hospital would help, I would go. Refusing to talk to me and threatening to call and ambulance is rude. I just wanted someone to talk to. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance