Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

eudemonism
Senior Contributor

New self diagnosis

I've only just realized that I've been suffering from seperation anxiety  lonliness and dependant personality disorder ... now I've self diagnosed and realized the problem... hopefully i can find solutions... it's like i forced these things upon myself through guilt... and self hatred... but now I'm realizing it's not healthy at all...

31 REPLIES 31

Re: New self diagnosis

@eudemonism 

If they can be tools to reach insight and give you a better life then thats great.

I think they are better than a long word plus a jab in the arm plus no insight into personality and relationships and no therapy.

If the extra diagnoses become a burden, ditch them quick

Smiley Happy

@Appleblossom just trying to see the complete picture of everything. I hear what you're saying though.

Yikes! so many labels. Hope they are a positive to help recovery. I'm starting to abandon labels, think it's impossible to box individuals holistically, were so different and changing...

@AK100 well when I'm alone, from now on, and my thoughts are distressing me; i can label the problem and address the problem, instead of being absorbed by the problem... even throw fear of abandonment in there...

@AK100and @Appleblossom these labels are not something, someone who is in regular contact with people, or has a stable social life, or lives in a family environment, or has a partner, or a housemate, would understand.

Eude

your 2nd last post shows HUGE insight.  You dont need to let their diagnosis define you.  It may be a reality in certain situations, but one thing I learned from researching and reflecting on my parents' labels, was that there is always a reason.

Severe episodes occur when there are too many reasons that have not been worked out on time.  Not necessarily due to character or personal deficiencies, more likely dur to lack of resources . .. financial, social or situational.

Take Care mate

@eudemonism 

Smiley Happy

@AK100  Hi

Smiley Happy

WHATEVER WORKS 🤨

@Appleblossom I'm just revealing to myself, what's it's all been about; I'm only just getting my side of the story straight.

Sounds fair @eudemonism 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance