Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My Mosaic

@Bow you are not a waste of space. I totally get where you are coming from, because I've been struggling with the same thing today too. Sometimes life doesn't feel worth living, but it's depression talking. We can hold onto each other, we can make it through ❤️

@Bow 💌💌

Bow
Senior Contributor

We set up our chrissy tree today…. And the Christmas village on the book case- should take a pic. It always takes a few hours, we had Christmas music playing, we danced a bit daughter and I. It was nice. How things are suppose to be. 

this afternoon daughter and I built a Christmas Lego snow globe that I found at Kmart. It has lights, music and snow- but we don’t have any batteries! 

im a bit spent now. Looking forward to going to bed. 

I see my psychologist tomorrow morning, going to take my journal and share something I wrote after last weeks sessions. She doesn’t really want me writing at the moment, it’s always depressive stuff- but it helped to get this out… and to share a bit more around what we talked about last week. 

I hope everyone had a good Sunday.

I don't celebrate Christmas, but the thought of setting up Christmas decorations and a Chrissy tree sounds like fun! 

I'm not going to dampen your party or anything 🙂

@Bow - any plans for Chritmas?

Bow
Senior Contributor

Oh @tyme …. I don’t know whether it’s appropriate/ok to ask why??

my folks are big on Christmas… mum likes to dec the house out, we usually put some lights up outside too, but I’ve said no this year- it will be me that does it and I really can’t be bothered. I love our tree!

Christmas morning we do fresh ham on toast. Then we have a big Christmas lunch… ham, turkey and chicken, with all the veggies. Plus pav, trifle and Christmas pudding. My brother, his finance and their baby will come and spend Christmas lunch with us too. Then my daughter will go to her fathers. (That’s at least what we have done in previous years… ex hasn’t yet mentioned Christmas, but I’d like to keep it the way we usually do it). Will more than likely be my step dads last Christmas with us sadly. Sometimes my brother from tassie comes up, but don’t think we have convince him to come this year. 

I haven’t been going to church on Christmas cause i want to spend the time with my daughter considering she goes to her fathers for half the day. But we do take a moment to sing happy birthday to Jesus. 

Sounds like you’ve had a pretty good day. @Bow I hate sitting up the Christmas tree I usually do it a few days before Christmas if it’s at my

place. Last year I put up lights as it was my first year in my own home. I will put them up again this year! 

Certainly it's okay to ask @Bow .

I guess I've been taught that Christmas is historically a pagan festival and we should not be celebrating it and linking it with Jesus? 

However, each person is welcome to celebrate it as they feel comfortable. I definitely wouldn't stop them. I know there are many other religions who don't celebrate it either, but they use that time for gather with family.

I live on my own and most of my family is interstate or overseas. I have a lot of cousins working in the US, UK, Singapore, Canada.... I don't see them much.

That's just how life has gone for us since everyone has 'grown up'. When we were kids, we also spent Christmas as family time. We had so much fun playing outdoors as kids. Spent hours catching lizards, and ladybugs. Taught each other to ride bikes, had huge sleepovers.....argh... childhood days.

@tyme  I don't celebrate Christmas either. Too many awful memories during my childhood and since then, in fact all my life. I loathe Christmas. I send presents to my nieces and nephews of course. It's such a relief to finally stop celebrating Christmas - I finally said "No more!" about 5 years ago. 

@Bow  I'm sorry to hear how you've been feeling, and about your dietician starting to charge a gap fee 😞

Sending much 💜

@Bow so nice to spend that time with D making some Christmas cheer.

We celebrate it in our house but the last few years have been hard with me making no contact with some of my family. I still try and make it a magical time for my kids, even though they have grown up. I still want them to remember it as a special time.

I hope today has gone ok for you hon 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance