Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Morning has broken

Thank you @Jynx your always so caring Heart

yes very hit and miss @Eve7 thats why i dont use them much. basically unless i have a specific problem i dont ask for help because usually it just ends up being told to use my coping strategies or something similar. i have really needed the support the last few days though.

I'm glad you've been able to reach out @outlander but sorry that you have needed to. How's your foot going?

its taking forever @Eve7
the swelling has gone down abit more but its still really quite brusied and can still feel 2 haemotomas within my foot. had more scans and can still see the bones are still quite badly brusied. i dont have to wear my moon boot anymore though after 4 weeks. its been 8 and a half weeks so far. still struggle to walk on it properly and my body is aching from compensating so much.
run some more tests and i have damaged a tendon on the bottom of my foot and the ligaments between my toes but theyll come ok with more physio. have nerve damage in there so im hoping my current nerve pain medications will also help but so far not helping yet. may take 6 months before its ok again

You don't do anything by halves do you @outlander ? That is crazy for you have done so much damage and I really hope the healing doesn't take 6 months!!! How terribly frustrating for you!

My S1 has now been in a moon boot for 8 weeks and looking like another month at least . I am really frustrated with having to do so much for him like driving him to all his appointments. How do you manage with your appointments?

no i really dont @Eve7 it wouldve been better if i just hadve broken it, it wouldve been healed now or close to it. nerves can take a long while and considering its still compressed by the hamatomas it wont ease yet. im just hoping the medications help abit. it gets very sore. like walking on a heap of rocks and pins and needles while the skins being stretched cause of the swelling.

i can still drive and everything to all my appointments. i just have to be mindful that im slower atm esp if theres hills or stairs.

It's good you can drive @outlander but you're definitely in this for the long haul.

S1's leg is still pretty painful and even with a moonboot he has to use crutches most of the time.

I've just watched my "once a year" AFL match...glad it's over hahaa!! I am off to bed now hon. I hope you get some rest tonight. It's been good to catch up with you even though it's to read how hard everything continues to be for you.

Take care my friend.

💙💜💙

Poor S1 hope his leg heals soon. Couldnt imagine moonboot and crutches! I dont think i could cope with that much

Goodnight @Eve7 i hope your afl team won....
Hope you sleep well 💙

Gosh @outlander I just caught up, I'm sorry to learn of how you are feeling both physically and emotionally 😔

Sending you healing hugs dear friend 🤗

Good morning how is everyone doing today 😊❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance