Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

AriesAriel
New Contributor

Male alter ego with a voice? What am I doing?

I am a 29 yr old woman. The last 17 years I have had a male alter ego, He is 37 years old and I even have given him a voice and he has a name.

I only speak as "G" around my family, and sometimes without my

acknowledgement .. I start acting as G.

Some back history on G. He surfaced in my life when my parents got divorced.I have never had any traumatic experiences.

Can anyone help name or classify it, what I am doing?

Is this alter ego self soothing or something else?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Male alter ego with a voice? What am I doing?

Hello @AriesAriel , and welcome to the forum 

I will tag @Former-Member for you 

How are you today and have you been able to look through the forum

Re: Male alter ego with a voice? What am I doing?

@AriesAriel  I don't know what you have, you ought to see a psychiatrist to get a definite diagnosis.  It's difficult to say what it might be, for example, it could be some kind of schizophrenia thing, or a dissociative thing, or then again, it could be a narcissism or borderline thing.  It's hard to tell on so little information.  It would be easy to jump to some conclusion of dissociation, but like you said, you don't have a childhood history of trauma, so it shouldn't be that, unless you don't recall it.  An adult forming the disorder doesn't occur, so if it started 17 years ago, I don't know, it doesn't fit.  Really hope you find someone who can help you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance