Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

pbfromippy
Casual Contributor

Long term childhod trauma

Hi, I am new here. Due to long term childhood trauma I am diagnosed with bipolar affective disorder, dissociative disorder, panic/anxiety disorder, obsessive compulsive personality disorder and in the last 2 months I have been experiencing psychosis on nearly daily basis. I have a good support network in place and I try to keep busy. I am here because I see the forums as a place to come and feel included and be able to share experiences. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Long term childhod trauma

Hi @pbfromippy

Welcome to the Forums! Thank you for sharing a bit of your personal experience with the community. Look forward to hearing more 🙂  Glad to hear you have a good support network in place. What kinds of things do you like to do to stay busy? Take care.

I now have my bicycle where I live, so that is happening,making a lobster pot for a friend. I will start wood carving when I have money for the tools. Fishing, reading, study up till the psychosis, which sent me into a spiral. Saw your ad on the NRL and thought I would  check it out. 

Hi @pbfromippy,

Welcome to the Forums! I just want to point out this thread, whichsome people who are looking to connect with others on here. In that thread, you will find @HellonWheels also has a diagnosis of bipolar. @Queenie has major depression depression and schizophrenia, and a few others. We tend not to go by diagnosis on here, as we find that there seems to be some common issues experienced by people living with mental illness. 

Please take a look around. If you're just wanting to chill out and chat to others check out the Night Shift thread, which where members just hang out and chat. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance