Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

saltandpepper
Senior Contributor

Just kick me in the guts

I don't even know how to put this into words. There's been a lot of confusion surrounding the reason why my partner left. I wondered if there was someone else, someone from work, someone my ex seemed to be uncomfortably close to.

With my son right now, and he's talking to me about them. This person was with my son.

What a fu*king kick in the guts.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Just kick me in the guts

@saltandpepper  Hi saltandpepper hugs and hugs my friend. It is tough but will get better given time. Speaking from experience. There are many fish in the sea and your are a super guy. Get yourself better first though mentally and physically you deserve that. Am here for you. peax

Thanks @greenpea not even sure what to think of it all right now. Feels like shit obviously, and it's hard not to see it as a reflection on myself. Not good enough. Not even worth enough for a little honesty. And my head tells me this is what I deserve. They lied to me before, many times, but this just takes the cake. And what fu*king fantastic timing. One piece of shit piled onto another. Excellent.

As for other fish, can't imagine I'd want to put myself through any of this ever again. I can count the amount of successful and healthy relationships I've had in life on one hand. And it's not all been the other persons fault--parental failures I know now weren't my responsibility. But personal relationships, friendships, I've self destructed a lot of those. I wish I had treated people better, I wish that I could say I deserve a kind and loving relationship, but I don't think I do. I'm not a healthy person, I'm not mentally stable, I'm an asshole when I wanna be. I probably got what I deserved here. Even so, it still hurts all the same.

@saltandpepperI know what you mean I found out my ex was having an affair when I was acutely ill with mania and then he left me and my children to fend for ourselves.He is extremely apologetic about it now Although I have forgiven him it is really too late. I just dont trust men any more to be truthful. I wouldnt want a relationship with anyone I just want to be left alone. Anyway take care of your health my friend that is what is most important. Love peax

Its hard @saltandpepper but things do change like @greenpea  said.

I bought a good shirt for my son to wear to his dad's new marriage, then found out months later that the wedding fell through ... and she left the country.  Stuff happens ...

@greenpea I'm so sorry to hear that Pea. At a time when you needed support he abandoned you. What a c***. If he has the capability to do something like that to you, you're likely to be better off with him out of the picture. I hope his apology brought you some closure from the relationship, but I imagine it's left some deep scars.

I'm not going to lie, I do get exhausted having to be accountable to someone all the time. Now I don't have to factor in my partner to everything I might be able to focus more on getting well. Relationships are challenging, maybe it'll be for the best...

@Appleblossom that's rough, and actually sounds similar to a couple I once knew. Married for a year only to end up living on opposite sides of the world.

oh Pea, my ex had an affair while i was in hospital giving birth to our daughter. men! @greenpea 

@saltandpepper 

There are pros and cons in being single and coupled.  While single, you may as well get some of the benefits.  My son was about 9 and needed something nicer, but it was like a kni  fe in the guts at the time.  No one told me immediately the wedding fell through, it came out over the months as she was no longer around.  I am glad I did the right thing by my son, and that she left as she was a controlling so and so.

Some of the good things about being single is that we can figure out our triggers and get a handle on things without feeling the confusion of too many things going on in our intimate and home space.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance