Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

StayingWith
New Contributor

Intense present and worry for the future

I was wondering if anyone else is also feeling that things are bad around us (climate change, economy, Covid etc.) and is experiencing this concern alongside loneliness? 

It is not a good mix, this dread of the unstable future we are heading into and an extended period of loneliness. It has become very hard to be at ease and maintain a state of joy with all that is happening around us. I know there is a better way ahead, and that this is making me stronger in myself. 
Plus I have discovered a telepathic awareness in myself over the past few years that has added to the emotional/mental intensity I experience  (that is another story, but keen to hear if anyone else is experiencing extra-sensory/psychic developments in themselves). 

If anyone else out there is experiencing something similar, I am here in solidarity. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Intense present and worry for the future

Hi @StayingWith 

I can empathise for sure. I think many people might be feeling the same. It seems to be one major event after the other. Covid really affected me with the endless lockdowns, press conferences, daily updates etc. Right before that there were the bushfires and now the floods and rising covid numbers again. The only way I got through covid was to turn off the news. It was so hard to do when my husband loves watching it but I somehow managed. I turned it all off! 

As for climate change, yep I get anxiety about that too. The way I try to stay positive is to see how passionate the younger generation are about climate change and I get a bit of hope for the world. I used to constantly check the weather updates and read all the news about climate change but again, it was doing me no good so now I pick and choose what I read and stay up to date with. 

Would love to hear how others cope with these major events!

Sending hugs

Hanami 💮

Hi @StayingWith,

Welcome to the forums. My name is FloatingFeather and I am one of the peer support workers at SANE. Thank you for sharing your feelings and thoughts with us. Yes, I feel things have been pretty left of centre for sometime - between Covid, the economy, the what seems to be never ending rain etc things often feel problematic and never-ending. I do believe some people can get premonitions about these type of things.

I understand when you talk about the worry for the future combined with a sense of loneliness would not feel like a good mix. All the Covid lockdowns really did not help many people's sense of loneliness, in fact for a lot of people I think it just aided in making it worse.

Thank you for sharing - I think often when someone reads how another person may be thinking or feeling can really help them feel okay and validated about their own feelings and their thoughts.

Best wishes,

FloatingFeather

In ways, I think the problem is also the solution. I remember, mid-covid, a lot of people were talking about the baby boom shortly after the spanish flu. It's seemed like a olden-days-orgy by some accounts (which I like to reference as a ray of hope to those suffering from incel-dem). I largely believe that many have used this time to engage in deep reflection and I feel the collective desire for an orgy of justice and peace (I'll let the politically minded people out there, project onto that what they will).

Can I share something on an esoteric angle? I'm a type that likes reflecting (and, in my own way, communing with the ancestors). When the world order shifted a few months ago, I started getting a profound sense of reflection on, the descendants. Meaning, from the future we'll become. This is, after all, the turn of the century. We're making important decisions. The internet is still relatively new. We've never had a more complex range of old and new ideas to synthesize. I think they're watching us. I also think that, by looking forwards, we see what history would witness.

There are some really interesting thoughts here, thank you for sharing.

Yes I definitely sense we are shifting as a species, in some good and not good ways. Lots of new and old ideas to synthesize, on point!
I hope the descendants will not be dissapointed in and harmed by us.

Thanks for the affirmative words.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance