Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

_A_
New Contributor

Income Protection through Super

Hi, I did a search and found an old post with no real help, so I’m hoping someone might know since then.

I cancelled my income protection on my Super through work when I was young and healthy. Now I have a lot of health issues and would like it back again. I was denied it by the company that runs it through my super because I have depression, but my anxiety was fine as well as my chronic health issues. They told me if I don’t have depression for a year they might consider it. Does anyone know of any income protection that covers you if you have depression? 
Thanks. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Income Protection through Super

I'm not sure if this has had any replies on another thread yet. But you might want to try an insurance broker to look around for you. They usually do the looking and take a commission, so there's no up front fee. If not, they could point you in the right direction. Good luck with it.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance