Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I think I might be done

Much love back to you. Always here to listen and support. Not an easy road and I care very much S.

Baby steps, keep taking care please.

Love and hugs @SJT63 🙏💕

@SJT63 

You could share more of the other side of him... so we get to be part of the good, and not just riding with you during the bad.  

It would help us to see what you see in Mr S and maybe let us join in hoping for him as well.

Come back and play miss @SJT63  

Oh yes @AussieRecharger I like that idea very much @SJT63. Waiting to hear all of his good points hun. Hugs and hugs x

@Anastasia @AussieRecharger 

The prologue to the first chapter of my novel about us:

“I’ll make the coffee” he said this morning “you just lie there and look glamourous”. I had morning breath and bed-hair wearing only my sensible, big-girl knickers while each double-D lolled to the side under its adjacent armpit.   It wasn’t sarcasm. Reflected in his eyes I was Marilyn, Sophia and Audrey all rolled into one. Yesterday, before he’d said this I wrote: 

In your eyes I see a mirror

far removed from the one in the bathroom.

In your eyes I am reflected in beauty

In your eyes I am reflected whole

I feel happy and loved and so, so sexy

Reflected in the mirror of your eyes.

I had written that after a phone conversation we’d had over the weekend where he’d compared me to Jacinda Adern. He’d been musing on what a wonderful coffee date it would be between the two strongest and most compassionate women he knew. WOW!

His octogenarian father had called me earlier the same day to thank me for a photo of one of the kids I’d sent him and once again gushed about the difference I had made to the lives of everyone in their family. Marilyn, Sophia, Audrey and Mother Effiing Theresa and oh how I wish I could see myself through their eyes.  

Of course, this was written 6 months into the relationship and long before he moved all his baggage (physical and metaphorical) into my house. Our relationship worked a lot better when I wasn't with him every day. Mainly because I could catch up on sleep when I was alone. I could exhale.

He still sees my that way. Confessing to him last week that I had become afraid of him has made a difference I think.. I hope... 

I will think of more nice things later.

Oh @SJT63 

you should be a paid writer lol, you do write extremely well...the visuals lol, gold (((((hugs)))))

Thank you for sending this through, I am unwell and working but also sipping on a ginger and lemon "lemsip" which tastes awful with the amount of sugar they have laced it with, so your much needed message made me giggle and forget temporarily about the God awful taste.

Isn't it "funny" how our men see us compared to how we see ourselves...the truth is you would be all that he sees and more I have absolutley NO doubt about that in my mind.

Great to hear from you S, love and hugs always 🙂

Hi @AussieRecharger hope you are doing ok too 🙂

Thanks @Anastasia

I am having what I would call a crossroads day.  I hate every direction the roads are pointing around me and I reluctantly walk the path I have walked before.  On a good note.. i did kick a little goal so you know. woohoo, celebrations. 

@SJT63 Funnily enough, I could mentally picture your whole scenario.. I think it shows age, wisdom and experience when a man knows exactly whats its like to see the boobs flop out the sides of the singlet top.

@AussieRecharger any goal scored is a good goal

in fact, any goal kicked and missed is a good goal for the kicking

maybe the roads are ok and you just need new footy boots?

@SJT63 

No, not new footy boots required. I think i just need to carve my own path and stop waiting for others to do the right thing. 

Anyways.. enough about me. 

@AussieRecharger @Anastasia 

When Mr S is in the sweet spot... that place between mania and depression when he is "himself".. the spot that can last for only an hour, but sometimes several days....

......then he is hillarious. I had never laughed so much in all my very life until I met him.

@SJT63 

What is it about this place?  can you see it coming or is it like a lightbulb, and he just switches into it? Is it like he is no longer anxious and feels free to be himself?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance