Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

florencefifty
Senior Contributor

I'm ONLY one person.

Happy Mother's Day, guys x.

Today was really nice. I was going to buy my Mum a watch, but I ran out of time, no pun intended. I bought her Seashells instead. That is my go-to gift chocolate, because it's a combination of novelty and class and they're [...] delicious.

The whole family came over, and we went to an Indian restaurant. The menu was complicated, and I honestly didn't think I was going to like it, but again... it was [...] delicious.

This morning, though, I was really depressed.

I watched a video of the Police talking to a man who was feeling suicidal. They were really kind to him, but in the end, he got gradually closer to ending his life and they had to intervene.

I clicked to see some of the other videos on that channel. In the front row, they had a video of a love story, between an asexual man and recovering sex addict woman. "When opposites attract."

I was just struck by the hilarious contrast. I identify more with the first video.

Everyone's caught up in their own lives.

Why fight when there's no chance of anyone acknowledging what you've been through?

As I've said before, the world would carry on just fine without me... because it already has been.

Getting married would be huge for me personally, but deep down I'll know that I'm one of hundreds of people to get married that DAY somewhere in Australia.

I could give up, and there'd probably be a proposal at the same spot two hours later. My life doesn't mean anything.

I haven't heard a good response to that yet.

I mean if I WERE to respond to that, I would say that you can literally say that about anyone. Even the most special people to you, are nothing special. You can't think that way, though.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: I'm ONLY one person.

There are some very interesting concepts there @florencefifty 

I honestly love the philosophy of it, but alas, I don't think we share the same optimism to be able to explore the different concepts we see in your sentences....

I could give up, and there'd probably be a proposal at the same spot two hours later. My life doesn't mean anything.

I haven't heard a good response to that yet.

I mean if I WERE to respond to that, I would say that you can literally say that about anyone. Even the most special people to you, are nothing special. You can't think that way, though.

You have some really good questions here but I wonder if you are the best person to answer them if you are the one who posed the questions in the first place?  Why ask if you already know the answer?  Very Yoda like scenario...

I'm really sorry to hear how difficult things are for you at the moment @florencefifty There is no easy answer to this, but one foot in front of the other. I'm sorry if you have answered this before, but can I ask what professional supports you have? I hope you will reach out to crisis support if things escalate for you and we have sent you an email. 

Please take care 💝

Hi @florencefifty 

How are you today? I do hope things have improved for you. We sent an email to check on you yesterday. As @Paperdaisy said, please reach out to crisis services if you need to 💓

hanami 💮

@hanami 

@Paperdaisy .

Thank you so much for checking up on me. I saw that message, and I really appreciate it, I've just been caught up with work.

I can confirm I've been doing a bit better today and that I'm safe. I'll write in, probably tomorrow.

Thanks for letting us know @florencefifty sending gentle hugs 💝

So great to hear from you @florencefifty . Glad you are getting there. Hugs to you 💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance