Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: “I don’t need people” state of mind

I reached out this morning, don't really feel much better though....

Hi @creative_writer 

I am on and off the forum today.

Did you make your call?

You may not feel better, but l hope you are no worse.

I hope you find a minimal level your mind can function and build up on that. Bit by bit. 

@Former-Member, I called. I don't know if my scattered mind didn't allow me to express myself clearly or if I just didn't get onto a counsellor to best support my needs at this moment in time

Hi @creative_writer 

Good you got through.

Something is usually on our mind. I jot down in point form. I focus on that issue knowing time is limited. As you know, all call places are with people. Not all suit us.

Maybe jot one issue down and try again today. As ex volunteer  you may realuse we confuse the listener with too much information. You are doing a great job trying.

Awesome.

Glad you are on the forum.

I am getting free hot water upgrade at factory today. Scam. They said free. Now want $280 plus gst extra. Scam because not meant to. I will action the refund later.

@Former-Member, I do struggle with phone calls at times. I find writing easier in moments like this, but Sane's chat service is not running 😞 . I've found Sane to be more helpful than the other helplines too. It's upsetting when I reach out but feel so disconnected from who I get. Maybe I am better off curling in a rabbit hole by myself.
I can handle being alone and lonely, but I can't handle being around people and lonely

Hi @creative_writer 

You know what works for you. This is lived experience forum. Not everthing works for everyone. So we learn from each other. My short vents work on lifeline. I know there is no magic pill and no one.solution fits all answer. I agree some listeners make me feel worse. I accept that now. I do not fight it. I call back. Rarely you get two same. Also some understand. Others not.

Have you got your study books yet to flick through?

@Former-Member, I guess I could call back, but I feel so put off. Then again, SANE usually does help. I don't know why it feels like I am moving mountains just by making a simple phone call. It's like I don't feel bothered, maybe it's depression talking

Hi @creative_writer 

It is your choice.

The call works for me if l get the right person. Lifeline issue is they have to ask if you are suicudal. I say no and l am not. You have to be careful what you say, but l have politely told a few they have made me feel worst with their comments.

I understand your fear especially if fragile. Your choice but l am glad you found some Sane counsellors good. I do not find Beyond Blue helpful.

I hear your fear. Weigh up benefits of taking a chance. I have greater success than failures on the calls.

@Former-Member, I feel like I get more out of SANE than Lifeline. They are both very different services, Lifeline is a crisis service and SANE is a counselling service, but they are trauma-informed and good for complex mental health issues, so that might explain why SANE is more suitable for me right now. I don't remember ever finding Beyond Blue helpful, I think they are more of a referral service.

I think a part of me is frustrated with myself too. I wish my brain wasn't so weirdly wired and complicated. Living with mental illnesses is very hard

Hi @creative_writer 

The part l cannot understand is you are so aware of what is around. I also found Beyond Blue more referral and a chat was under sufferance.

I hope you can get your thinking around (1) Sane forums work for you and (2) Sane phonevcounselling has more often than not helped. Everyday we drive we have the prospect of a car accident.

Sane phone counsellors sound right for you.

Procrastination will always sit on your to do list. Sounds to me the benefits are worth the risk. Worst case if not happy, call them again later. Your first fear of not getting through did not happen

Your choice.  I am on and off the forum today so if l do not reply, i have not gone

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance