Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

I don't feel 'right'

I am not sure what is going on or why exactly I feel so weird it could be a lot of things or nothing at all and I will probably never know for sure but I dont feel right/ok/normal. I feel very on edge and I am not sleeping much well I can sleep but I dont get to bed until around 6am and then wake up at 10am ish. I feel like there is a kind of energy inside me slowly burining but it is strong and mild at the same time. things that havent scared me for a while are scaring me again and at the same time a lot of 'magical'' things are happening. I am having a lot of trouble eating and eeverything feels far away and unreal which is what happened last time and i feel like i am floating. I am not sure if this is a problem or if it will go away and I am not sure there is anything i can do anyway but it feels kind of uncomfortable and i am not really sure of anything. 

does anyone else feel like this at times? like everything around them is melting and turning into swirly stuff? I am sorry if this makes no sense I really dont know any good words to acurately describe what i am feeling. 

27 REPLIES 27

Re: I don't feel 'right'

Sweetie, what would you say to a friend in the same situation? Be kind to yourself. Try to get some more sleep, some more food down your throat and the world will probably feel less scary and magical. Suggest you tell someone who is sympathetic to magic that you're having this. Speaking with my cereal box diploma in this business, it could just be stress, or it could be a relapse. Please be kind to yourself.

@Eden1919 ,

that does sound unusual- 'magical' things happening and no sleep, also scary things that usually don't scare you.  Do you have someone with you or are you all alone?

Whould you consider seeing your doctor and expaining to them what is going on?

@Gwynn  I could be stressed although right now I should be less stressed than usual I am not sure really. I dont know what I would say to a friend I would probably just ask if they needed or wanted company.  I do try and sleep but I cant shut off my brain and eating is also hard I am trying but I just cant at the moment. 

@Sahara  I am alone at the moment and I dont want to talk to any doctors they never help anyway. I think maybe I just need better distractions or maybe I should exercise more so i am more tired and have to sleep i am not sure. 

I am just not sure if this is bad or not because the last time this happened things sort of went very wrong but it didnt happen quickly it just crept over me and then i didnt know how i got to where i got to. i am not good at explaining this. I just feel weird and very floaty and unreal. 

Hey Eden, I'm sorry if what I said before sounded too simple. Do you have a friend you can go for lunch with, or a walk?

@Gwynn  Not at the moment.... I also dont think I could hold down a conversation properly I am struggling to speak like physically i can but it feels very difficult and i feel like i am not connected to my mouth..... 

I am feeling very anxious right now and just really weird I really dont know what to do if i felt more here i would just go for a walk maybe but I dont feel like i am really anywhere. 

What are you doing right now to take care of yourself, besides coming here and telling us how you feel?

@Gwynn  I tried having a nap and i have been doing art and watching movies and i did go for one walk and I played some games and listened to music..... it isnt like i am not trying everything i can..... nothing is working.....

Those are all good, self-soothing, activities. I'm glad you're trying your best to look after yourself. How about dialing up one of these ( https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=bedtime+yoga+with+adriene+youtube ) on the youtube machine and trying out some bedtime yoga?

@Gwynn  I am not really a yoga person.... I find it too slow and mentally uncomfortable....

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance