Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

I would love hydrotherapy @tyme but I’m the sticks it’s a bit difficult. I have bulging discs. The way they have bulged is in towards my spinal cord. They have been like it for 10-15 years. Usually it’s about 2 yrs in between flare ups. My nurse thinks my current issues are due to the large weight gain. So hopefully seeing a dietitian will help. 

Are you still procrastinating with your work stuff? Lol. 

Shopping sounds good. Is it to get out or are you shopping for something particular.

There is no way I go down town on weekends. It’s way to busy with tourists! 

Monday sounds good @hanami it’s going to be a massive day with appointments! 

Enjoy your weekend

I'm definitely in a much better frame of mind to tackle these tasks I have been procrastinating about @Captain24 - I'm actually a really goal-focussed person. If I set my mind to do something, it WILL get done!

As for bulging discs, ouch! Have you ever had traction at the physio? I had a few sessions of it. I'm not sure whether it helped or not.

I forgot, are you in rural Vic?

I’m so glad that you are feeling better @tyme. You deserve it! 

Yeah I’ve had traction quite a few times. Mostly it’s been great. I had one time where as she slowly released the weights I screamed in pain so she stopped it. 
I also have bulging discs in my neck. I have a home traction kit for that one. I have done a lot of damage to my body! Lol

I live in central NSW out past the Blue Mountains.

Do you travel much? 

Oh! You are in NSW/Blue Mountains! @Captain24 - for some reason I thought you were in Vic. Only because Victoria has some awesome government-funded health programs that I think may help you a lot. If you ever migrate to the other side of the Murray, you will be able to access these services lol.

In terms of travel, I am interstate at the moment (in Syd) for a work event. I DID travel a fair bit until COVID hit. Since then, I've only been local - not overseas. After all, Australia has a lot of place I've yet to explore.

I grew up in Sydney, in the Sutherland Shire. 

After leaving Sydney, I don't really have any desire to move back to Sydney. 

I do love NZ though. It's very peaceful, and I love the feel of it.

Have you been overseas before?

I’m an hour and a half from the western base of the mountains @tyme . I use to live in the town at the base. 

I can’t see me crossing the Murray! Even though my best friend wants me to. It’s a shame though because I’m willing to give anything a try. 

Are you seeing family while you are in Sydney? I really don’t like it there but I’m more of a small town girl! 

I have travelled but not much. I went to the South Island of New Zealand when I was at school and it was stunning! I went on a cruise to Vanuatu and nuemea that was ok. I also went on god camp to Spain! That was amazing! I couldn’t believe how old things were. We went to Avila and it had a wall built around it with cannon towers! That’s when I learnt that medieval was real! It was a real eye opener. I didn’t like Madrid though. After Spain we spent 3 days in Ireland sand it was awesome. I told my host dad that I wanted to see a castle. He asked if I meant a stately home? I said no one out of a fairytale so he took me to ruins of one. It was the highlight of my whole trip! 

You can tell I’m in an excitable mood. 😂😂

Heya @Paperdaisy

How are you tonight? 

Hey @Captain24 I'm good thanks for asking 😊 Went swimming today and that was nice!

Do you get to swim in the ocean or is it a pool? @Paperdaisy.

It was a warm pool @Captain24 😀

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance