Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Teddy95
Casual Contributor

Help

Hello, new here. Very unstable at the minute, any suggestions on how to deal with this. 

I have been struggling with depression for many years. I feel very unwell.

10 REPLIES 10
Rhye
Senior Contributor

Re: Help

Morning @Teddy95 and a big welcome to the forums 😊

I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling, but I want to acknowledge the bravery you've shown by reaching out today – it can sometimes be a hard and lonely walk with depression so you've taken a really important step in recovery by seeking support 💙

You mention that you're feeling unstable and I just wanted to make sure you were safe today?

In terms of your question @Teddy95, when I was struggling with depression I managed it in a number of ways, first and foremost was to find a good treating doctor and/or psychologist. Do you have any professional support at the moment?

I'm also wondering whether you might consider giving the SANE Drop-In service a call. If you think it might help to have a chat with someone our drop-in services are staffed by qualified team of counsellors and people with lived experience of mental health issues who will provide you with free digital and telehealth support, information and referrals. The number to call is 1800 187 263

I'm tagging some of our community guides here who I'm sure would love to give you a big SANE welcome:

@Shaz51 @Eve7 @Faith-and-Hope @Snowie @Anastasia @HenryX @outlander @AussieRecharger @Flying_Hams 

Take care
Rhye ☘️

Teddy95
Casual Contributor

Thank you that means alot. 

I am safe today just really not coping and my mind is everywhere. 

I seen my gp yesterday to get a refferal to a psychologist so that is under way. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get into a appointment. 

Thank you for the support and warm welcome Rhye 🙏  

Teddy95
Casual Contributor

Also, as I am totally new to this whole website I'll have a browse and see how it all works. The platform seems really good! 

Rhye
Senior Contributor

You are so very welcome 😊

So great to hear you've reached out to your GP and now have a referral to a psychologist, truly great stuff! I remember that was probably the hardest part in my journey, it felt like a really big obstacle to sit in front of a doctor and be honest about how I was feeling. It gets easier, not easy all the time, but if you find a good therapist it's honestly life changing. Really excited for that possibility for you @Teddy95.

We really appreciate that positive feedback re. the platform, and I'm going to link you to a few starting points and places in the community that might be helpful:

This is a great thread to introduce yourself to the community

This one where you can share your story and experience

Some Forums tip and tricks

And last but definitely not least, our Social Spaces (that's where the parties at!).

If you ever need help with anything you can always tag a moderator like this @moderator (you can tag other forum members that way too).

Looking forward to seeing you around in the forums @Teddy95!

Rhye☘️

Eve7
Community Guide

Hello @Teddy95 and welcome to the forums. There are understanding people here with lived experience and they’re helpful.

I have depression and struggle with it too. It sux but I am out sitting in the sun today listening to the birds.

Take care

Hi and welcome @Teddy95  👋

Hello and welcome @Teddy95 

How are you going today 

Sitting here with you and hoping you are OK  xx 

Teddy95
Casual Contributor

Hello @Shaz51 

Thank you for your kind words.

I'm still a bit all over the shop to be honest, but waiting for it to pass. 

Xx

hi @Teddy95 welcome to the forums
i can understand the challanges of depression and the difficulty in managing it.
im really glad to read that you have a referral to see a psychologist, thats a great first step.

please feel free to keep chatting to us here and to have a look around-join in wherever you like!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance