Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Help! Very close to having to kick my eldest son (19) out of the house

Hi

My 16yr old son  has ocd/depression and a substance disorder.He is dependant on cannabis and was intimidating me and bullying me into giving him money to pay for his habit or he would explode, disrespect  me and smash and destroy my property.

This went on for over a year and in that time i called police for help which resulted in 2 interim AVOs although my son was allowed to live with me.

It affected my mental health and i was completely concerned about the potential mental trauma it mite cause my 9yr old daughter..   i did not want her to think violence and aggressive behaviour my son was displaying was ok..   it wasnt.. so i told him outright he needed to find other accomadation until he soughted his anger issues out as i could no longer tolerate it further.

I had to do it - i couldnt continue being anxious and hyper vigilant everyday waiting for him to explode..

He is living with my mother short term..   and i will not allow him to return until i see a change in his anger. 

Hi @Katzpurr76, thank you for sharing your experience. It's important to remember to look after yourself and your other family members in times like this, which you have done so. Do you also have a professional support team helping your son manage his health? 

Yeh it just hasnt been regular enough and the small amount of cbt he recieved he wasnt able to really grasp because he was cannabis affected...

He has come along way but i believe they needed to concentrate on the anxiety and ocd abit harder.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance