Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Soalone
New Contributor

Going nowhere

I don't know what to do. I stopped working because I hate it so much. I just wander around the house doing nothing all day. I have no purpose.  I don't have any friends. I feel so alone and depressed. I'm so over it

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Going nowhere

hello
I am in the same mental space right now, it is awful, so here is a good morning hello for you.

@Soalone 

I totally understand where you are at right now

i am on the verge of leaving my job as it is destroying me but I am yet to find another job to fall into so am scared I will fall deeper into a hole by just being at home 

hugs to you 

we are all here to support you 

Welcome, @Soalone , I'm sorry to hear that you feel you have no purpose and are suffering depression. Depression really sucks. 

Do you have any professional supports in place - a supportive GP, medication, psychologist or psychiatrist? 

People are here to listen and support you, as peers with lived experience.

Hey @Soalone 

Welcome to the SANE forums! 

It sounds like life is so tough at the moment. We are all here to support you and sit with you through this Heart

How are you going this afternoon? 

Hi @Soalone,

I don't think you should make your career as your identity or life purpose/direction. 

I had resigned too many times since my uni days and thereafter due to unethical behaviours that I had witnessed in the office. I couldn't believe people are stooping that low and all for nothing. I was naive see, thinking we are all educated in moral values way back in kinder and primary school, and we would all grow wiser as we aged. But the reality unfortunately is the opposite. I have tried swapping jobs with big and small businesses, family owned or corporate, but they are all the same. The only time I could last in a job was when I was given permission to work from home. That was a much needed relief when work is simply work without all the office politics.

I then tried to freelance and take up my own clients which gives me the opportunity to try out different type of careers utilizing different skills all at once. It was fun but I guess I still need clients banging on deadline before I get working. Otherwise I will be spacing out in nature thinking life's too good to be true. It's amazing the feeling I've had by just sitting on grass gazing upon the lake. I am quite solitary by nature but I am ok when I am in nature. 

Anyway, quite a number of people are affected by covid-19 in their career, so you won't be the only one. I hope you feel better soon and do remember you can connect with the community here too. Smiley Happy  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance