Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Bow
Senior Contributor

Drowning

some days I feel like I am drowning in depression. Where everything feels like an effort. Zero motivation.

i feel extremely lonely tonight. I have people around me but it’s a different kind of lonely feeling. I told a friend how bad I felt, she didn’t even care, continued talking about herself. What’s the point?

Im desperately waiting for a psychologist to take me on. 

I often feel so trapped in a life that I hate so much. 

18 REPLIES 18

Re: Drowning

Hi @Bow ,

Sorry to hear you're having such a rough night tonight, and your feeling so alone. Sometimes friends can be so consumed with their own problems, she might not have recognised that you were reaching out for support. 

I hope you find the forms comforting tonight, and that you get the support you need.

- PrincessLettuce

frog
Community Elder

Hi @Bow 

Welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry life's so hard right now.

That everything feels like an effort feeling is familiar to me too.

I hope you get to see a psych soon. Mine has helped me a lot. Are you on several waiting lists?

I hope you can find one thing today that's for your own self care. You've probably heard this before, but it took me decades to get it - too busy caring for everyone else. The kicker is that it's when you need it the most, it's hardest to find the motivation. When I'm in a bad space, which is often this year, I still try to look for wins, even if they are tiny... ways that I did ok.

Thinking of you.

Bow
Senior Contributor

@frog Just on a waiting list with one particular lady, she said that hopefully by the end of this month, but who knows when really. 

I’ve got so much to do today. We have just moved house, need to unpack and find some order. I’ve woken and feel so tired and drained this morning too. It’s gonna be a long day. But it’s friday- which means pizza popcorn and movie night for my 5 yr old. 

This may not work for you but it is for me. I recently read The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck and the main idea of that book is learning to be okay with not being in control of everything, we only have a finite amount of caring energy so we need to channel that effectively. I'm training the way I think, trying to stop seeing the uncertainty of life as a daunting thing and realise that everyone has shitty aspects to their lives but it's who deals best that ends up resembling some sort of contentment. 

Living in the moment is paramount, being grateful for being alive is another helpful tool. I hope you can find some peace someday, and at the very least never give up trying 

Meowmy
Senior Contributor

@Bow sorry that you feel so bad and lonely. I feel this way often. Think my situation is different to yours. I don't have family. Some days I feel so drowned and lonely. I just try to go for walk and go to a familiar cafe. Somehow Ihat ease it a bit. May be try some helplines. They can be very understanding. Take care. 

Bow
Senior Contributor

What’s even the point anymore.
I can’t be what people need me to be
She broke me last night
I feel it dragging me under now
Heaviness and weight
Can’t breath properly

I'm sorry @Bow 

That heavy feeling is awful.

I hope it has eased a little bit.

I really hope you get some relief.

Hey @FlaccidCarrot I need to read that book The Subtle Art

I get exhausted taking on worries that I can do nothing about. I know it's self defeating and irrational but I haven't yet found the off switch.

Bow
Senior Contributor

Ty @frog 

im still feeling crummy

been a long day. 

ohhhhh sending tender , understanding hugs my @Bow 

my husband has had lots of diagnosis over the years  and now he has bi polar 11 to add to his list 

have you got a coping box to help you at these times my friend 

and we are sittig with you everyday 

@frog@Meowmy@Appleblossom@Adge@greenpea@utopia@Faith-and-Hope@Snowie@Flying_Hams@BPDSurvivor 

Hello and hugs @FlaccidCarrot Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance