Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Do people touch you on purpose?

Sorry, bit of a weird question....

But I've noticed more recently that people will touch you, and make it look like an accident.

I was just out shopping to get something for my mum and myself to eat, and these 2 guys were in front of me, I smiled on the inside and as I went to get something to order, one of the guys brushes past me touching his arm with mine, and I knew instanteanously it was on purpose as its happened before with certain types of people. And as he walked past me after collecting his food he had to force himself to be hard to get past me, not very natural. I think its because people know I have a MH issue, I dont try to hide it.

Just wondering if its just me or if people experience these things and is it a resllience problem/MH concern?

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Do people touch you on purpose?

As far as I know, it’s a “young female thing” - you’re not giving off enough “sod off vibes”.

Shouldn't even be close enough to bump in to you. We've still got Delta roaming around. Double yuk!

@Gwynn @wellwellwellnez I will focus on the big picture, I guess worse things happen. thanks for your response.

You could try coughing a bit when these guys get too close to you - that should get them to back off a bit.

Lol @Gwynn @wellwellwellnez .... cough and sneeze should do the trick! 

I can't say I've had your experience @Former-Member ... maybe it's the serious look on my face that I'm not to be messed with. If ppl bump me, I fly into fury and tell ppl off. I know it's not ideal, but it's me - for now. Esp during covid!

@BPDSurvivor @Former-Member @Gwynn @wellwellwellnez  I am basically a shut in so dont have these problems

Yeah, if I could, I would @greenpea . I just do the bare minimum trips to the shops... there's certain shopping strips I limit to once a month or so because it seems like the people just don't get it! 

I need new shoes, and I keep putting it off because I don't want to battle the crowds. 

A 7am trip to the supermarket was good because no one was there!!!

@BPDSurvivor  yes I go into panic attack if I am amongst groups of people .... I know the feeling my friend.

@Gwynn @greenpea @BPDSurvivor my initial thought is self control, when they walk past me a second time, they know they've made a mistake and I can sense it. But it's a battle no body wins - I wish I could scold em by talking, but my talk is more positive, and don't like talking when I feel negative cause nothing good comes out. Seems just I'm making enemies everywhere I go now and visiting those places again isn't pleasant, I guess that's what it's come to

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance