Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Darkness

Good to see you, @Lee82  🙂 Yes, it's pretty icy outside! I haven't been around in the evenings as been struggling, so I've been missing chatting with you. I'm better in the mornings. I hope your Friday is also as relaxing as possible... Is Mr 9 well again now?

Lee82
Senior Contributor

I am so sorry to heAr you have been struggling hun. Anything you would like to talk about? 
yes thank you so much for asking. Mr9 is doing much better. Finally stopped throwing up around 7 last night and he is feeling much better this morning. Hopefully he stays that way. Apparently it was gastro. 
@NatureLover 

I'm really glad he feels so much better this morning...hope it's all good from here on. @Lee82 

My SAD's making things a struggle...I'm looking forward to the end of October when the SAD should finish, if it follows previous years' patterns. Also, I'm generally not good in the evenings...as soon as the sun sets, my thoughts turn bleak and hopeless, and it's just a matter of holding out till I can go to sleep each night, even without the SAD. I always feel stronger in the mornings, so I tend to catch up with everyone's news here in the mornings. It's all OK.

I hope it's a relief for you not to have any homeschooling at the moment...and I think Mr 9 is going back to school next term? What about Mr 13?

Lee82
Senior Contributor

I am so sorry you suffer from SAD. I have to admit I had no idea what it was so I looked it up. That would be very tough to deal with hun on top of everything else going on. 
I am so glad you can connect with us here during the day at least. keep your head up babe. 
yes I am very relieved that homeschooling has finished. Mr9 will go back to school next term as his school is regional but Mr13 will still be homeschooling as his school is considered metro. But it will be ok with Mr13 home as he is pretty much independent and doesn't really need my help.
Mr9 is extremely anxious about going back to school. He suffers terribly with separation anxiety to the point now he refuses to go to his dads anymore.  
@NatureLover 

@Lee82 wrote:

Mr9 is extremely anxious about going back to school. He suffers terribly with separation anxiety...

Oh gosh, I'm sorry to hear, the poor kid... 😞 The lockdown wouldn't have helped 😞

@Lee82 wrote:

yes I am very relieved that homeschooling has finished. Mr9 will go back to school next term as his school is regional but Mr13 will still be homeschooling as his school is considered metro. But it will be ok with Mr13 home as he is pretty much independent and doesn't really need my help.

I'm glad to hear this 🙂

@Lee82 wrote:

I am so sorry you suffer from SAD. I have to admit I had no idea what it was so I looked it up. That would be very tough to deal with hun on top of everything else going on. 
I am so glad you can connect with us here during the day at least. keep your head up babe. 

Thanks for your encouragement Heart I should have explained, it's Seasonal Affective Disorder (depression), not Schitzoaffective Disorder. It seems to hang around till the end of October, whatever the weather.

You don't sound panicky this morning 🙂 @Lee82 

Lee82
Senior Contributor

I have never heard of SAD before. There is so very much out there that people are suffering with, I can't imagine what it's like as I only suffer from C-PTSD, depression and anxiety. Do you have anything you do to help you get through this time? 

I have woken up with a massive headache and feeling very lethargic and dizzy. My head is all fuzzy but at the moment at least there is no panic. I woke up having one of my episodes and I can feel them coming on every now and then but they have been going away just before they turn into a full blown episode. 
@NatureLover 

@Lee82 wrote:

I have woken up with a massive headache and feeling very lethargic and dizzy. My head is all fuzzy but at the moment at least there is no panic. I woke up having one of my episodes and I can feel them coming on every now and then but they have been going away just before they turn into a full blown episode. 

Oh no ! It must be so difficult to manage 😞 When you say 'episode', do you mean a panic attack? Or a C-PTSD attack of some sort? (No need to tell me if it's triggering or anything!)

@Lee82 wrote:

I have never heard of SAD before. There is so very much out there that people are suffering with, I can't imagine what it's like as I only suffer from C-PTSD, depression and anxiety. Do you have anything you do to help you get through this time?

I guess just the normal things for depression.   @outlander has summer SAD, which I had never heard of before joining the forums here. And you don't "only" suffer from C-PTSD, depression and anxiety - they are huge and heavy burdens for you every day, dear @Lee82  💔

Lee82
Senior Contributor

An episode is like I am having a particular FB and then my body reacts in a way that I can not control. It is very distressing especially how my body reacts to it.  
thank you for saying those lovely things hun @NatureLover. I am just really aware that there are a lot of other people suffering from a lot worse than me. 
I had no idea that @outlander  suffered from that too. That would be tough to have through summer. Summer for me is the best time of the year. 

Thanks for describing an 'episode'...yes, I remember you have described that happening before, and how distressing it is...I'm really sorry to hear. 😞

Yes, I agree that SAD would be worse in summer. I like summer too. 

And I think you are suffering plenty, @Lee82  😞 More than anyone should have to 💔

Lee82
Senior Contributor

Have I creeped you out hun? 
@Former-Member 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance