Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Covid - lockdown - relax - lockdown ???

Hi All,

I need some advise please. 

I understand what a lockdowns is and what measures I can take to keep others and myself as safe as possible. 

I don't understand what the so called 'new normal' is actually supposed to mean? I've learnt about the words eradicating, eliminating or suppressing Covid. But what does it actually mean for life, for our new normal?

New Zealander says it eliminated the virus. Great, but the borders will open eventually. Does that mean every visitor has to go into quarantine until we have a vaccine or develop (awful expression) herd immunity?

Australia is controlling hotspots, places go back into lockdown, safety rules are being put in place, borders shut. Will we be able to plan anything in the near future?

Uncertainty, change, isolation have a major impact on my mental health. I'm tired dealing with my past. I'm tired after the bushfire season. I'm tired after the first lockdown. I'm tired of trying. I feel helpless (and often hopeless) and that spirals me out of control. I've been helpless over many years with childhood sexual abuse, family violence, war. I didn't understand what it meant back then and I don't understand covid now. And it scares me, it scares me so much. 

There's no crystal ball I would really love that options. I'd really appreciate if you can share articles, information with me that explain what strategies a country could use to deal with covid in the future. It doesn't have to be Australia specific, just general information.

I'd love to go back into my bubble, but I'll die there. Over the past couple of months I realised that I won't have a reason to live if I don't live. I always missed that part in my suicide prevention plan. And now that I try to live and reconnect with people it seems I won't be able to do any of this, even just going to my local support group, for a long time. And I have no idea how to deal with that. I can't deal with the stop and go, I've struggled with that long before covid. I need routines and I get unwell when routines change, and now they can change on a day to day basis. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Covid - lockdown - relax - lockdown ???

@Former-Member  I don’t have any answers.

I just wanted to let you know I’m hearing you. Sending some 💕💕💕

I hear you @Former-Member 

I understand  - we are all caught caught in this new hell and it's hard to plan anything and we don't know if we can plan anything in the near future 

People are being treated like criminals when they have done nothing wrong and isolation is tearing down the most stoical of people and the rules change often and unpredictably - it seems so unfair 

You write your story so well and although mine is quite different I can really identify with it. We have lived with months of it with no end in sight to ease our minds.

Thank you for sharing  - I am feeling uncertain, anxious  and unhappy too 

Dec 

I wish we could find some answers @Former-Member 

@in the mean time I, and many others, are here sitting with you... looking for answers... and trying to stay safe 💕💕💕💕

here with you too @Former-Member 

it's a really difficult time, something out of the ordinary.  never have we had to live like this Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance