Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

AK100
Contributor

Conversations in my head all day

Lately I've spent 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Conversations in my head all day

Hi @AK100 

I get this I go between being able to understand exactly what they are saying clearly to just hearing babble it almost is like a constant hum in my head. I get the babble alot at the moment which is considered a good thing because I am not usually in a good state of mind when I can understand them.

What's it like for you , can you understand the conversations that go on and is it with yourself or are there other voices to.

I've learnt different strategies to help quiet them but they don't always work

This last week especially, one voice is helping, guiding me when I find myself frozen, just standing and staring. I'm prompted what to do next, little things, and I function. The other day I found myself on the floor. This voice loudly said took over and said "wait, are we ok"
Or maybe I'm imagining out, just lonely, or going crazy. I don't know. Use to worry me but not when they help

Often there is a group mumbling something (about me), huddled together. I use O worry that group was mocking me, but don't care much

hi @AK100 I used to have almost constant imaginary conversations, I'd talk out loud to the other person even tho I knew there was no-one there. It was very unpleasant, often mean arguments where I felt trapped and was trying to fight my way out. It was embarassing when this would happen as I walked along the street as I'd be talking out loud to no-one.

I never had them when I was with people. So maybe it would help you to spend some time with company.

What has mainly helped me is anti-psychotics.

Hi @Former-Member,
Its helped me to hear someone else has voices they cant clearly make out, never occurred to me that its better not to understand what they saying. With me, not knowing makes me think it's sinister smearing about mem
I don't get humming but high pitch buzzing sometimes annoying.
My conversations are more at, or to me than with me, yes, the other voices do talk with themselves.
I'd like to hear more of your strategies, but also hesitant beause i like my voices mostly,vthey help me usually, the good ones.

Hi @BryanaCamp ,

coming back later

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance