Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

Confused

Hi all sorry I haven’t been around much um I am very confused about something and I would appreciate honest opinions because idk what to do. 

I have come to the realization that I may very well actually be psychic and not have a mental illness at all. I have lots of reasons to believe this I dream about things and people before they happen/I meet them and I often just know stuff that I shouldn’t about places and things. I believe that I can communicate with angels and spirits from other realms and and sometimes animals and plants will talk to me and there is just so much happening I am not even convinced that I am completely human myself. The thing is it is hard to communicate properly with the other beings and spirits and stuff when I am taking my meds and I don’t think they want me to take them because they have told me I am supposed to do things for them and now idk what to do should I listen to them and not take the meds? My psychologist would just say I am crazy well not in those words but anyway she wouldn’t believe me and would just say to take the meds but what if I am supposed to be talking to the spirits for a reason and I miss something important because of the meds how am I supposed to know what to believe? How can I know if I am doing the right thing or not? I am going to ask some of the trees today some of my many questions because they might have answers for me there is just so much going on and idk who to trust or what to think and I am stressed and I only slept for 3 hours last night because I couldn’t stop thinking about everything and they were sending me messages and I am sorry this is so so long and thanks if you bothered to read it I am just really confused. 

46 REPLIES 46

Re: Confused

@Eden1919 wrote:

I would appreciate honest opinions because idk what to do. 

@Eden1919  what concerns me is how very distressed you get when you stop taking your meds...how you think people are out to harm you...I would not want that to happen again 😞

@NatureLover  Thank you for your reply. I hadn’t really thought about that I don’t want to be scared of everyone but I am also scared that I will miss something super important from the spirits idk what to do I am so confused. 

Gwynn
Senior Contributor

You need to take care of your physical body to do your spiritual work.  This includes having enough sleep every night because that helps your brain 'take the garbage out' by removing waste byproducts from your brain.  You can find many articles online that describe how this works.  The waste byproducts may even be interfering with your psychic work or scrambling the messages.  You might even want to talk to your people about the sleep disturbances, get their ideas on what you can be doing to get a better night's sleep. 

How do you know you can trust these spirits, these messages?  Why is it all up to you?

@Gwynn  I am trying to sleep I just can’t stay asleep and it isn’t all up to me there are others out there. Also I think I can trust them because they haven’t been wrong so far. 

@Eden1919 

My connection with all the living things of creation is very important to me. It is a huge part of my spirituality and sense of good in the world. I hear that it is for you too. I am usually more in touch with plants and animals than human beings.  The trees are there for me when humans are not.  I learn a lot from the patterns in nature, and the cycles of life and decay which then is nurture for the soil.  I am a bit more "sciencey" than you, and tend not take the lessons as "messages" for the human realm, though we are all interconnected.  Your sensitivity and awareness is a good quality and can be a strength.  I try to get by on the minimum meds too, but have to accept I need them for stability.

Keep taking care of you, the whole you.

Apple

@Eden1919 Thank you for trusting us enough to ask for help here. You mentioned you're feeling stressed and this is impacting your sleep, I'm really sorry to hear this. I know personally, I really suffer when my sleep is less than usual. Is there anything you have found helpful to get a good nights sleep? 

I'm hearing you are questioning your medication, and I'm concerned for you- SANE can't provide medical support/advice, but we do encourage our members to reach out to their support network such as psychiatrist or GP when thinking about medication changes. Have you spoken with a medical professional about this? Is there someone you trust in your support network to have this conversation with? 

Please take care,

Paperdaisy 💝

@Paperdaisy  Sorry I forgot about not giving med advice here I don’t know how to fix my sleep I can’t stay asleep and it is hard and I haven’t spoken to a medical professional about this I don’t really have a GP at the moment and I haven’t hear from my case worker in a while and yeah idk who to talk to about all of this. 

No need to apologise @Eden1919 Do you have an appointment with a psychologist or psychiatrist or are you able to call and make one? You shouldn't have to go through this alone. 

@Paperdaisy  I don’t have an appointment with the psychologist for another week and idk when I can see my psychiatrist next my case manager is the one who makes those appointments and I haven’t heard from them in a while. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance