Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Changing meds

@WIP your puppy sounds adorable Heart

I'm hearing that things are really a struggle for you right now. Sending so much support your way 💞

It might be helpful to reach out to our Help Centre? You can try calling, the online chat (as I'm writing now, it is available/there are counsellors free), or booking a time for one of our counsellors to reach out to you. 

And of course if you're approaching or at a point of crisis, remember there are crisis services like Lifeline Heart

I'm sorry about the terrible run you had with GPs, but the one you have found sounds wonderful and very trustworthy. I think it's time you opened up to her and let her know the missing pieces and she'll be able to help you further

@Bow 

If you had of thought of it, as she'll take your phone calls, maybe you could have asked for her advice regarding the comm MH appt tomorrow.

When is your next appt with your GP? You can let comm MH know about this and the regular appointments you have booked and how comfortable you feel working with her. That could help keep you out of hospital? In addition, you've made it very clear on the phone today you won't be going to hospital. Treat 2mrw as a formality and find out if there is a regular psychologist you can be booked in to see, considering the one you emailed today with your notes isn't equipped to cope. I know it's difficult when I'm distressed, but you need to try and be in control during this appointment and get the outcome or as close to the outcome you want & deserve.

Thanks @Former-Member You've been so proactive and kind towards me - thank you.

I think I might book a time in for tomorrow. Then I'm committed to attend. I'm a bit emotional this afternoon and honestly, are just waiting for the day to be over. 
In some ways I really hate daylight savings because it doesn't get dark till later and I have to stay up later. My puppy doesn't settle till it's at least dark - he normally gets a second wind around 10pm, just like a toddler.

C3BBA219-1336-427E-BD95-C19F650147FF.jpeg

My Cavoodle, without much Oodle...

Thanks @WIP 

im seeing my GP tomorrow morning, my psych has requested that I do, which I understand and have agreed to do. And I think as long as I have the supports in place (who knows maybe the comm mh team will pick me up? Maybe my psych has spoken to them about it... I also expressed my frustration over the phone to them about being seen by them before and then nothing, so maybe they will do something this time... Or at least review my meds)and a plan, I'm really hoping that my psych will keep seeing me. I waited a while to see her as she was highly recommended and I do really like her. 

It all sounds pretty positive @Bow 

Good Luck 🤞🌸

Former-Member
Not applicable

I'm so happy to be able to help @WIP😊

And thank you so much for blessing us with a beautiful photo of your cute puppy! He's adorable 😍

Thinking of you today @WIP 

💜💚💜

Thanks @Former-Member 

Not doing so good this morning. It's a terrible start to the day when you are in tears 5 minutes after waking up. This happens frequently, and just goes on for the day.

I can't wait to see this new psychiatrist and talk to her about my medication, because I'm convinced that one of the night time ones to help me sleep,

contributes to this. It's an anti psychotic, and mixed with my anti anxiety, it helps me sleep. But I'm not psychotic!!

Im having trouble this morning calming down and finding things to be positive about, or doing some self soothing activities.

Im glad you appreciated the photo of little Levi. 

Thank you lovely @Eve7 

How did you find your first week back at work?

🦋💙🦋

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @WIP, I'm sorry to hear Heart You said before that you might book in a call with one of our counsellors today- did you end up doing that? If so, is that coming up soon? Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance