Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

Thank you @Sans911 I do hope I have made the right decision but I also know I couldn't go on as I have been doing for more than the next couple of weeks. Whatever happens from here is kind of out of my hands but I think a fresh start away from this principal is what is needed. 

I have had to deal with my father tonight putting pressure on me to take it all further but I honestly just want to get through this next couple of weeks and move on - pressure is definitely not what I need right now. I know he is trying to be supportive but it really isn't helping - so hard though when he doesn't know a lot of what is going on and I know he would be even angrier if he did. Right now I need my family to back off and let me deal with all this.

@Faith-and-Hope I am staying up a bit longer tonight to catch you when you can be here Hon - needing some F&H time if you can manage it - understand completely if you can't though.

I can @Zoe7 .... I’m here .... 🤗💕

hello @Zoe7, @Sans911, @BlueBay, @CheerBear Heart

good night @Faith-and-Hope, safe travels my awesome friend Heart

I am in 2 minds tonight about the decision I made today @Faith-and-Hope - I know it is ultimately the right one for me but there is still the anxiety around the next couple of weeks also. I know I have to complete these two weeks with whatever this principal throws at me but making this decision also feels like I am letting her win too. My head and my heart are definitely in conflict as I will miss the kids a lot - some of them I am teaching now I have known since they were born and I have taught a lot of their siblings. I do think I have made the right decision but there is also the fear of where I will be sent. All a bit too much for me tonight knowing that I won't have any answers probably until next January either.

...and to add to all that I am very much going to miss you - it is all happening at once. I know I can deal with it now - I spoke to my pdoc about all this and she and I agree that even a few months ago this would have completely flattened me - still struggling with it all a bit though.

Hi @Shaz51 How has your day been?

Thanks @Shaz51 ... 🤗💕

It’s natural to swing around a bit with important decisions like this one, and feel a bit insecure.   The thing is, the principal “wins” either way, but this way you get to leave her behind you, and that becomes your win.  

She is also not really winning, because it was a crap thing to do to you, which mars her character and displays poor values, and that’s her loss ....

I do know you are right @Faith-and-Hope - and as much as I continue to feel like I am being hit by bus after bus I also continue to get back up. I am doing what I have been asked to do and that is all I can do. Whatever happens from herein I can hold my head high. It is unfortunate that she has made it so difficult for me and that is precisely why starting fresh elsewhere is the right decision.

Definitely sounds like it @Zoe7 ..... unfortunately.

You will be happy to know that I painted a little more of the background on 3 small canvases tonight that I want to have as a split image. I haven't yet decided completely on the final image to use but you can bet there will be butterflies lol @Faith-and-Hope

Have you managed to pack all the art supplies you wanted to take?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance