Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

ps I saw your images and the quotes and am going to save every one of them as a daily reminder @Faith-and-Hope Thank you Hon Heart

💚💐 Yes @Zoe7 .....

Catching up with in-laws over a quick lunch.

i will be around on and off all day.

I will be around all afternoon @Faith-and-Hope - not doing much here although it is a beautiful day - have already done enough today and need the rest. I might start planning soon - have half of the day already organised as we didn't get to that last week - so pretty much just Literacy in the morning to do.

I feel a little bit of weight off my shoulders after making that phone call this morning - at least I can go into the meeting with HR and the principal this Friday feeling a little more able to deal with it knowing I will be leaving there this year.

Huge go you today @Zoe7. That's a huge (and brave) step. Well done 🙂

Thanks @CheerBear I am feeling both a little relief as well as fear but I think I have made the right decision. Time will tell I suppose ....and there will be lots of re-adjusting but I feel like I am a strangerm mat this school now despite being there so long.

Just had a slurpee run after school @Zoe7

It would suck to feel like a stranger there 🙁 It's great to hear that your decision feels right already. I usually find that if it feels right pretty quickly after I've made my mind up or done something, it often works out well. I know there will be a bit for you to get through first though.

I dozed off there for a little while @CheerBear - think I could have slept all afternoon if Cat hadn't woke me up wanting her dinner. She needs to wait for a bit longer though.

I do think I have made the right decision in regards to work - I had a lot to weigh up but everytime I thought about it I kept coming back to how this principal has behaved in me getting back to work and I honestly can't continue dealing with her on an ongoing basis - I have been through enough in my life and this one can be solved with me leaving. It does feel like the right decision but now the waiting to see how it all plays out will be something else I need to deal with.

Hi @Zoe7 I think you’ve made the right decision. The principal sounds like a dragon. A new school a new start - thst would be good. I really hope things work out for you. Xxx

It is now a waiting game to see what happens next @BlueBay. It does feel like relief and fear all rolled into one but I think I have made the right decision too. All I can do now is get through the next couple of weeks - do what I need to do to 'please' this principal (if that is possible) and get to the holidays.

A very brave and courageous decision made @Zoe7 but you are sticking to your values and sense of worth. A smart move. I hope wherever you go to next is more supportive and encouraging
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance