Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

Hi @Faith-and-Hope. See above message for Zoe. 

Good to hear you caught up with your notes and art work.  Must be pretty busy. 

No more painting for me at the moment.  I've run out of paint.  Have to save up to buy some more . It's expensive because I have to have the no VOC paint due to my allergies. 

So I have 2 doors and frames that need one final coat.  And a heap of doors and frames I haven't even started yet. 

Each door becomes a mini-project I guess @utopia  .... it's sucky that the paint is more expensive, but it is also self-care on your part to do that .... go you 💕

That will give you a real buzz, getting the sofas cleaned up.  Love it.

Headed to bed too .... coach is a pumpkin ..... but better than recent weeks, and no uni in the morning, and no mr. here setting an early alarm .... 🎉

G'night 😘

It’s one o’clock in the morning and I am feeling overwhelmingly sad. Six months ago, my beloved dog was diagnosed with cancer and I made the decision to end her suffering. Today she would have been ten years old. Not a day goes by without me thinking about her and how she was such a tremendous support to me over the years. 

Although I mind a neighbour’s dog during the day whilst she is at work, it’s not the same. I haven’t been able to get attached to him. Another dog is out of the question. I can’t commit to that responsibility. I know this feeling will pass but it has been extremely heartbreaking this week. 

On Saturday, my kids and I will be scattering her ashes whilst we walk around a lake near where we all spent much of our lives. It will be an emotional time. 

Have faith and know that she lives on in your 💕 hearts @soul.
It’s hard to say good bye but you did the kindest act of all by ending her suffering and she will be forever thankful... I truly believe that.
Take care of yourself x💐

My heart just found it's rightful place back in my chest -- mine too @Zoe7

@Faith-and-Hope, you are my forum partner here Heart

Hugs @soul. I lost my two cats over 10years ago now; they were put to eternal sleep just over a year apart. I still miss them very much, and think of them often. I've only had my two cats just over a year, and it took me quite some time to get attached to them. It's a beautiful thing to spread their ashes with family.

@soul

Feeling for you so much @soul That is incredibly difficult to have to deal with. It is so nice that you are scattering her ashes where you were all happy together - that ill be a special although emotionl moment for you all. My thoughts are with you Heart

I share your feelings. My dog died last May and I still think about her. Her sister is still with us - but she's 14 so I am trying to prepare myself for the inevitable. If it wasn't for my dogs I think my health would have been a lot worse. She forces me to go out and walk and meet other dog owners.

Toby becomes much like Abbey when I take him to the beach - my little white fluffball turns into a sand monster - he loves to run in the water and then roll in the sand lol @utopia My care is has sand everywhere but there is no point cleaning it as it will just get sandy again next time we go to the beach Smiley Tongue

Your couch will no doubt look as new when you have it cleaned. That will be really nice for you to sit on a nice clean couch. Smiley Happy

I think it will be the school holidays when I begin to see the psychologist again - it does all depend when she can fit me in too. Getting work organised is the priority right now but once that is underway and I am settled in with it all then I can decide if seeing the psychologist again is a good move for me.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance