Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

@TAB  Thanks TAB. Take good care of yourself today. 🙂

Oh @Adge  I feel for you so deeply.  Just read your post about being contacted by that person from your past, and so completely sabotaged by your mother.   Words are not enough for my empathy towards you on this.  Just know that you clearly have a ton of support here.  And that you are a strong survivor capable of great resilience.  Maybe it would help to write letters (that you may never post) expressing the depth of your feelings to both perpetrator and mother.  Just to get it all out of your head and then when you read it it might help validate all you are feeling.  I've done it in the past and then go back and add to it over days or weeks.  What she has done is yet another form of abuse in my opinion. And on top of that the denial of reality by all your family can be a source of so much pain too.   So many feels here.  Hugs and warm wishes to you x

I haven't caught up on all the conversation of the last couple of pages since your post but wanted to respond immediately.  Will go now and catch up.

Good morning sounds trivial today but hello to all who see this @Shaz51  @greenpea  @Appleblossom  @CheerBear  @outlander  @Exoplanet  @Zoe7 

Hello to you too @Faith-and-Hope .  Very good to hear that you found a carer for your daughter.  I hope they work out well.  Shame your Mr isn't being supportive with the family's needs.   Sending best wishes for everyone to enjoy their studies, you included (I think I read a while ago that you are doing some uni too, might be wrong).  I'm sure you already know, but don't forget uni's these days have support people for those having difficulties due to any sort of disability including MH challenges.  Hope things settle into place more smoothly for you all.

Hey @greenpea   I missed friday feast last night despite intending to be there.  Sil's bro next door cooked for all of us and we weren't called for dinner til just after 7.  Didn't get back til almost 9 and crashed out with exhaustion from my busy day and recent times.  He made a keto version of pizza which was yum scrum.  The bases were made of almond meal and mozzarella cheese.  So tasty and very filling.  Yummy toppings too.

How are things going for you?  How's your day looking?

@eth  dinner sounds delicious 😛 and you were able to sit back and just enjoy it after such a busy week is even better. My ex is back after being away a month. He will be coming up to pick up son2 and take him for the weekend. which is great. Will do washing and cleaning and take it easy as next week I have the ndis woman coming over to see how my household runs re funding. 

Jeez @greenpea  you're brave letting them into your home.  If it were me I'd be letting things go for a day or two before they come so that they see how it is when things are not at their best.   If they learn how things are when we're not travelling well the funding will reflect that and be most helpful at times like that over the year.  They have to accept that some conditions are episodic, it's what they claim they will do on their website.  I refused to have a home visit, insisted on a face to face meeting at their office.  Even doing it there I became very overwhelmed and emotional a few times and even forgot what they'd just asked me at times coz I was feeling like that, but afterwards sil and bro said it was probably good that they saw how it can be for me.

Hoping you have a wonderful total respite this weekend.  Glad to hear ex is back and giving you some support.  Do you have anything planned?

I need to get into my cabin chores and then do some more in the garden in a little while and then have a support worker from 12-2.45 this afternoon.  Don't have any essentials to do with them today so might be a day for a walk at the beach or something like that.  

Hello Everyone 🙂

Thinking of you Mazy Heart @Mazarita 

Love to all that need or want it Heart

@eth @greenpea  @Appleblossom  @CheerBear  @Zoe7  @Teej  @Sophia1  @Shaz51  @Faith-and-Hope  @TAB  @Adge 

Hi @Exoplanet  always good to see you.  How's your weekend looking?

Morning @Exoplanet, @eth and @greenpea and thanks for the hellos 🙂

Good morning @CheerBear   How are you today?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance