Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Thanks @TAB

but it did not. He changed his mind and wanted a single, which was fine but still drove him there.  We will have a double on Wednesday.

But in car I am not really allowed to talk to him, just chauffeur him, and I made the mistake of saying he should have brought his diary, when he got a call for work and did not know his schedule. He told me off for being emotional?? Che?? quietly business like would be more accurate. So by time saw counsellor things were terse and I said "we still dont have any strategies" to counsellor and made a few appointments ahead of time.    Son had already said he would make his own way home.  I have to take cat to vet later.  

Thanks for listening.

These people were supposed to see him a year ago, but we had to wait til a lot of things settled, then the guy we were given only lasted 3 months and got the sack, so started with a new guy, who seems good, but does not have whole picture yet.  All I can do is hope and take next step.

sounds rough @Appleblossom I posted a longer msg but thats in the ether somewhere

Hello Everyone 🙂

Thank-you to everyone who responded to my last post, especially @Mazarita@Appleblossom Heart The saying that comes to my mind - 'Live & let live' Heart

This thread seems to be very quiet lately . . . I kinda like it 😉 

I hope your sleep pattern starts to get a little kinder MazHeart I wonder how your video judging is going? & I always hope the same for @eth@outlander Heart 

I felt a couple of alarms bells go off when I read you got an appointment through FB @Appleblossom 😮 But maybe that's the norm these days? & to be honest I only skim through the posts, as I don't get on as often as I once did & there's often many of them; so chances are you've got no idea what I'm talking about because I've remembered it all wrong 🙂 

I absolutely loved reading about the bright stars that maybe, absolutely definitely, are actually Santa Claus 😄 Heart @CheerBear I let my daughter believe in Fairies, Santa & the Easter Bunny, I was honest about everything else; I wanted her to know about the downfalls in life, in the hopes that might help her avoid them. But I wanted her to have just a little magic as well 🙂 So Santa Claus was always left a little snack & a drink, the Tooth Fairies would sprinkle golden glitter when they took her tooth from the glass of water & left a shiny coin {or 2 🙂 } & the Easter Bunny hid the eggs so she'd have to hunt & find them 🙂

It's starting to warm up here today, though it got to afternoon before it really kicked in & that's so much better than waking up hot 🙂 They've been predicting a terrible Summer for months now. To be honest, so far {touch wood} apart from a heatwave or 2, I think it's been much kinder than the past couple of years. Maybe the previous summers I was menopausal, or perhaps the dreadlocks made me hotter? {Though they hadn't been a problem for many years of summers before} . . . maybe it's going to get a lot worse latter on :{

Well I've just wet down the curtains, put on out wet-neck coolers, wet our heads & rechecked the thermometer, which was on 32 {which isn't bad, but it was interesting to see} I felt so much cooler, the critters stopped panting & it had gone down to 29 🙂 4 degrees difference, pretty good for a bit of water & a little 12v fan whose battery's getting a bit sad 😉  

I think I might go to the next town over, if I can get there in time for the Vet {to still be open, it's a couple hours past noon already} I could get the flea & tick stuff that I received a text reminder of this morning & maybe; {although we can't do off-lead walks at this Weir} I might go & have a look at some water, at a local Weir, just for something different to look at for me & the dogs. I've been thinking about going for a couple of days of looking at some water, finding a nice quiet spot & reading a book for a while 🙂 I've even looked through the camp gear & made a little list . . . I don't need much . . . I have 3 suitcases & crate full all the time - ready to go . . . it's just the 'going' that doesn't seem to work quiet right 😄 

Love to you all - it's your choice whether you want to take it or not 😄 HeartHeartHeart

Thanks for thinking about the long msg. @TAB  I went out tonight and gave him space.

Thanks for reading @Exoplanet They said they advertise in different ways.  I will see what it is about.  

Tired but was glad that I did go to christmas party.  Was practising being social, but a few people made it easy, so I had a good night.  2 Lemon Lime and Bitters.

Smiley Happy

sounds good @Appleblossom  was a storm here a few hrs ago powers been off since. And work tomorrow re getting to sleep well its still warm inside house. Think lightning did for cheap tv set.

Hi, @eth@Exoplanet@Appleblossom@greenpea and everyone, posting here again today as I'm heading back to bed. Another busy one by my standards today, like yesterday was too. That is after I wake up a bit later. Sending good wishes for a better than average day to all. Heart

MorningWish.jpg

Good morning @Mazarita @Appleblossom @TAB @Exoplanet @CheerBear @greenpea@outlander @Zoe7  and all passing by.  Hope it's started gently for all of you.

@Mazarita  looks like I didn't miss you by much.  Hope you're sleeping soundly atm.

I was about to go back to bed this morning when kidult rang (much earlier than usual) so concern for them did for my ability to get more sleep.  But they are actually doing pretty well and it was just a hello and catch up call.  

Thinking of all who drop by here sometimes and sending warm wishes to all  Heart

Heading out with support worker to water tai chi again this morning and then hunting for a few nice cards and flowers and chocolates, maybe cake if I can find choc and hazelnut one - today is sil's birthday and tomorrow it's bro's.  

morning @eth hope its a good one for you

I share a birthday with your bro @eth but I don't advertise it here Smiley Surprised

I am going out for dinner with the family and have booked in to a restaurant I really like so despite having a long day of appointments it should be a nice way to end the day.

It is supposed to be really warm here tomorrow so I am also hoping to get to the beach with Toby - but that will depend on how appointments go and if I have time.

@outlander just read your post on another thread - stay strong my friend  Heart

Sorry @Zoe7  I just saw your post - hope you have a wonderful day and all you want happens.    I'm taking bro and sil for a meal tomorrow night.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance