Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

jamesle2015
Senior Contributor

only one 'HNY'

today at work only one person said 'Happy New Year' to me

I ws surprised I thought there would be more

I don't mind I prefer it if they don't  🙂

But it's only Monday........

19 REPLIES 19

Re: only one 'HNY'

@jamesle2015  Happy New Year.

I hope today is ok for you. 

@MaggieI said I prefer if people don't say it to me but I will forgive you 🙂

today only about 3 people...maybe everyone is stressed about the virus spreading and forgot to say it

HNY

@jamesle2015  Sorry. 🙏🏻🙏🏻

@jamesle2015 How are you going, yeah I think everyone has had a gut full of covid-19 and they wish it was all gone away. I suppose one thing you can't control how other people feel, but you have the power to control how feel about though right? I just want see hows thing are and wether you had a chance to contact a therapist. I want to come across as pushy, but I do want to come across by supportive. Take care for now and keep push on forward jamesle2015.

Warm Regards

Haystacks 

@haystacksI reckon most people say it because that is what their parents did - maybe their parents told them to say it to other people ....

Or they grew up with relatives who always did this every year .....

I see how customers are like when they are at the counter - what words they use - sometimes it includes blasphemy which is offensive I reckon - how they react when things aren't working, the odd words and phrases that they use  - then I think about what their parents must have been like so it's totally their fault maybe they learnt a lot of this negative behaviour

from watching their parents.......

I can't do anything with my psych appointments until next week probably - I have to wait until they get organised

WIth the 'Happy New Year' customers the good thing is they don't ask me what I did for 'New Years' - so I don't have to say anything 🙂

Hoepfully I won't get too many more this week

where else would they have learnt it from?

@haystacks btw I meant it's not totally their fault - I left 'not' out of there by accident 🙂

@Maggiethat's alright - if I get them online it doesn't have too much impact 🙂

@jamesle2015 I have to agree as a parent we are responsible for what we say and act with our children. I have seen the best and worst in people working behind the bar for over 35 years, I have been abused, threatened, punched, I had glasses and glass ashtray thrown at me and finally I have also had people turned up to my house and want to fight me. So I do know what people behave like. But I have a little challenge for you jamesle2015, can you take a note pad to work and at the top of the right 3 things, 1 write customers that were nice to you today, 2 write down the customers that were neutral, 3 write down the customers that were nice to you. Then put them into 3 columns, now you can comment with each customer or just put a stroke on the page it is up to you. Now you don't have to do it, but it is a little exercise in awareness I have used in the past, give it a go my friend and take care for now.

Warm Regards

Haystacks

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance