Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Word for the Day - Comfort or Play

Great book the Clan of the Cave Bears @Mazarita. I read it as a teenager, and was enthralled by it.

The last book I read was one of Madeline L'Engle's. "A Wrinkle in Time" is probably her best known book (the movie was reportedly not so fantastic) but "Wrinkle" was actually the first in a series of five. I'd read the first four years ago, then recently a friend loaned me the fifth one, "An Acceptable Time".

I've found I'm reading less since our two sons grew up and moved out of home. They were good at finding books that I enjoyed too. It's one of those things I want to get  back to, but I think I feel a bit overwhelmed for finding the sustained time it takes to get through a book, and the sustained attention it takes to do a good story justice.

I still love browsing for books, usually secondhand ones. Somehow glossy, unread books feel "untested" to me. Some I buy for their written content, others I buy for their visual content. I love old botanical illustrations, for example, and I also have some gorgeously illustrated kids' books that are mine! One of my favourite illustrator authors is Shaun Tan. His books are sort of picture books for adults, in that they're very thought provoking. Not to say that kids wouldn't enjoy them too, but they contain depths of meaning that the kids might not pick up on.

Old books with gorgeous bindings... libraries that look like mind palaces... book nooks to cosy up in... bookmarks that are like little artpieces keeping your place 'til you can return to it. So much to love. 🙂

books.JPG

Just found this t-shirt design. Who wants it on their Christmas list? 😄

Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 3.41.50 pm.png

IMG_20181207_085242.png

Can I have somevofvwhat he's having? LOL

Haha! @Smc but I'm not much into cats!

I don't mind being called a Book Worm, I've been called worse that's for sure! lol Smiley Very Happy

@outlanderx

Love my glass doored book cases that keep the dust out. I have my books sorted to various categories, gardening, cooking, gardening & cooking ....

bookshelves-with-glass-doors-bookcase-door-images-of-large-pine-antique-wood-white-and-drawers.jpg

Books we rarely, if ever, refer to now

- Encyclopedia

- Atlas

- Phone book

- Dictionary

IMG_20181207_162951.png

Children's books @outlander lol this ones for @Zoe7 lol 

I like short story books too when concentration down.

Great thread!

@Neelix @frog @Bubbles3 @Former-Member @Former-Member

technology-secret_passage-bookcase-book_case-ebook-e_book-rron1861_low.jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance