Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: With coffee .... without coffee. A place for us coffee lovers and coffee!

hi @Gazza75 thanks for your support and understanding re job interviews. I'm now finding the waiting painful, I haven't heard back so feeling pretty forlorn about it - it's taken such a lot of work to get to this point, I've had 7 years of unemployment due to MI and really need a break. 

How do you feel about the potential changes at work? You seem to take things in your stride & be super capable in your job so I'm sure you'll be fine, though I appreciate  skilling up is stressful. It is hard to get out of your comfort zone, I find it pretty hard to learn new things at my age (mid 40's). Hope you have a good day today, are your work colleagues decent?

hi @Maggie @Owlunar @Former-Member hope you're all travelling well today and enjoying your caffeine fix! I've had 2 cups of coffee but still feeling too cold & unmotivated to move, really should get out there & do some exercise.

Hi @BryanaCamp 

I have another late start - so the first thing was coffee - I don't like the still, grey days in Melbourne that tend to happen this time of year - bleak - smoggy - and I am coming up to an anniversary that has been stuck in the middle of winter for a long, long time

But this year I am doing so much better - only a few bad days through autumn - I think I can thank the forum family for this - people here have helped me to open up about it all

Seven years of unemployment is a long time - and it's because of MI which must be harder - time passing and cash short and always a battle - I can't imagine how difficult it must be to have all that facing you when you go for an interview - I wish you the best

Hi @Gazza75  - it's great to see you here and you are always so helpful and encouraging with  your comments 

Now about coffee - could I have another one? - of course I can - let's see what I can find

Eeny meeny miny mo - no - I think I will have all of themEeny meeny miny mo - no - I think I will have all of themDec

Hi @BryanaCamp , the waiting can definitely be the hardest part.  Fingers crossed you get a break, you deserve one after all your efforts.  I get the impression you have come a long way and you should be pretty proud of just how far you have come. Given what you have overcome I think you willl thrive if given the chance.

I'm not that worried about the changes.  These things can take a fair bit of time to actually happen.  As long as its not just more work on top of what I do now it will be alright.  I'm pretty grateful for what I have as I'm pretty much left to myself.  My work collegues are decent if a bit lazy.  I had a real hard time with an previous manager a few years ago.  She treated everyone like shit and Me most of all for for some reason.  I had to give up the role I had, but, was still forced to work for her.  I used up a lot of leave just to get through those times.  That was before my reall troubles started.  

I'm at about the same stage in life, I'm hoping I can still learn new skills ok.

Hey @Owlunar , thanks for your kind words.  I think you and others are much more eloquent than I am.  I've always been a bit rough around the edges 🙂

That's okay @Gazza75 

You do very well - you have a lot to give and seem thoughtful and wise - eloquent or not - rough around the edges can be really good at times

It sounds as if you have had very rough work experience - it's good to share that you made your way through it - and that was before the hard times

Dec

a232be08e872S0q2SgMDnZTMIquCovyU0uSSGP2U1OLM9Lz4MqMYfVMLkxj9UkMzUzMgC6gq18rM1KACiHWSrAx1CoA4taLEKqsgHQA.pr861344-93-4325266.jpg

thanks @Gazza75 and @Owlunar for your replies & support. I'm hanging in there, missed 2 calls from prospective employer today & called her back 5 times but message only. So frustrating! I was busy hiking, trying desperately to at least try to be healthy even tho I'm unemployed, how ironic, hopefully I'll get to speak to her today so I know one way or the other.

I agree with Dec, Gazza75, your contributions on the forum are tip top Smiley Happy. I reckon you're heaps eloquent, so not sure why you label your self in that way? You're very generous & empathetic, both rare qualities in my experience.

@Owlunar anniversaries can be hard, so many painful memories can come up. I'm glad the forum is some kind of support for you there & you're doing well. I recently, unexpectedly spent a long weekend with people who knew me 20 years ago, they were full of questions. I answered them ok at the time but then afterwards the bad memories of 20 years ago crept up on me. Not fun. I'm here if you want to talk about any of it.

@Gazza75 sounds like you had a horrid manager, I hear you, it's so stressful, I totally understand why you'd need leave for that. Glad you got thru it & hope you have a nicer manager now? I'm sorry things got worse for you, sounds like you went through some major trauma, psychologically. If it helps at all you sound awesome now. Whatever you went through you've come up with flying colours - I kinda wonder what MI you have 'cos you sound so well & together & grounded here. I hope that's so & you're not suffering quietly on the inside...you know we're here to listen if you ever need to vent or share or whatever. You're a great support to all on the forum but remember that we're here to support you too when or if you feel ready.

thanks again guys for your support, I really appreciate it...now I will go back to waiting for that all important phone call...think I've had enough coffee & I should relax with a Kahlua...with ice cream...

Hi @BryanaCamp , thats a shame about the missed calls!  ughgh.  Hopefully you do hear back from them today.  It's great that you are keeping yourself busy and as healthy as you can be.  

I've had quite a few managers since the bad one.  Most have been pretty good, i've had 4 in the last 5 months maybe.  When I was going through my issues last year I had one that was very helpful and cut me a fair bit of slack which I appreciated. 

I had a severe manic episode, caused by lack of sleep, was hospitalised (involuntarily) for a month and diagnosed with bipolar.  A long story short is that I didn't think my sister in law stepped up to help my brother like she should of. My brother broke his neck and parilised himself.  I told her this in no uncertain terms and paid a heavy price for it.  I regret some of what happened, but, still think she could have done more than she did.  I've had plenty of chance to refect upon it all.  It still makes my blood boil LOL 🙂

It's put a strained relationship with the family now though.  Birthdays and Xmas are extremely uncomfortable as we basically hate each other.  My brother seems blisfully unware of all this or is to caught up with his own problems.  In essence, it's all his faulty really.  

I've a reasonable handle on the bipolar or think I do, my moods have been stable since I was released.  I've been tapering off some of the meds due to weight gain, that's been the hardest thing and plays on my mind a lot.  The tapering hasnt done anything.  I've a helpful phsychologist and an unhelpful GP.  

Thankyou again @Owlunar and @BryanaCamp for making me feel so welcome here.  It's nearly home time for Me so I'll wish you both (and anyone else) a safe and pleasant evening.  I shall have a nice cup of decaf when I get home and think of you both 🙂

Take care

@BryanaCamp  Thankyou. Just finished my last coffee for today. Hope you are travelling well. I read about you LONG bushwalking the other day. Go you, and well done. I could smell the earth.

images (57).jpeg

Hey everyone 

I’ve got a “no coffee headache “

will get one after my psychologist session. 

Have a nice day 😊❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance