Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: The Weekly Friday Feast

Oh @Rosie
You little angel ! I am too stupid to work out how to put pictures on.....please don't tell me hoe to do it because
1 ille just stay in my little narcissistic bubble saying I'm helpless then so talk about myself about my helpless Lessity
2. I'm still on the iPad until end of August when will get Ma new computer.

2: love your pic and name.

@NikNik, can I change my name to @BlueJeanPatty because I'm not going to be 47 years old for much longer ?
Former-Member
Not applicable

i think i could bring caramello koalas, highly nutritional!

@PeppiPatty, i'm not sure how you could really make a 'formal' agreement with looking after your friends grand daughter. Unless they were able to go through an organisation like AC Care and you were able to register as a respite carer? lots of paperwork and interviews and beaurocratic stuff to do that though. You could make an amazing difference in her life though. I worked with Anangu children in the north of SA for a few years and they were amazing kids, i must admit (and it'll sound terrible) but every child had lice there and scabies most of the time (aside from when we Pirumpa (white fellas) took them on camps and treated before we left and during. Good luck.

LJ

@NikNik I wanted to print out an email, and I don’t have a printer. I convinced myself I needed to go to the library. And for me to use a computer there I needed a library card. I was gonna borrow some books, but I was getting a bit overwhelmed so I didn’t. I may give it another shot next week though.

@PeppiPatty thanks, I think I will see him tomorrow. I emailed the Psychiatrist’s office, but I’m not sure if she got it, and I couldn’t get the nerve up to ring her (wheee anxiety!).

@Rosie I have tried meditation, but I’ve never been able to do it. Or I’ve not tried hard enough Woman Tongue

I'm not 100% sure of the vegimite chocolate... I am a massive fan of chocolate, and I am an enormous fan of vegimite. Not too sure about the combo...

I'm having egg and vegimite on toast for tea. MMmmmmm.

Former-Member
Not applicable

I've never been able to do the meditation stuff either, but i'm getting better and focussing on simple activities that are relaxing like colouring.

My kids have been bugging me to go the library again, I should take them, they loooove books and are both into non fiction stuff, plants and animals, maps. But im always so stressed there, theyre too noisy and busy and so manypeople! doh! But yes need to just try again!

custard.jpgpudding.png

This is for your dessert (not the chocolate one) @Crazy_Bug_Lady!

I thought warm winter pud might do the trick.

I like your new name @PeppiPatty!

Meditiation - just want to get a couple of techniques to slow the mind down a bit - not sure I'll be too fanatic about it, but I thought maybe a class would be good too.

Former-Member
Not applicable

I'm getting hungry! 

@Former-Member thank you......can we discuss this further another day.....my home is this feral pigsty .....a little girl has ......I don't know how.....she was mainly sitting.....,

I feel I live in this 'enclave, ' of really beaten down, nasty, alcoholic Indigenous people. I really concerns me every time I see this particular little girl. She is so bright and .....Cute..........I know this sounds .......horrible but maybe me being in her life once per week might get her through.....I've only written half of the story I'm hesitant to write the rest..............ille do the AC care .....rewrite the rest another time.

As well as being extremely beautiful...@lisajane your taste in chocolate is excellent

Ps egg and vegemite combo.... perfect! @Crazy_Bug_Lady

Former-Member
Not applicable

oh golly, more vegemite talk... not so hungry lol!

@PeppiPatty yes you definitely could be a massive positive influence in her life. Some kids so rarely see a role model that shows them what kind of person/opportunities there are when they grow up its so important that they experience warmth and an environment which is ... stable and predictable.

good luck, LJ (ps i looove my chocolates - lindt salted caramel is my next fav!) hehe

It's almost bed time for me 🙂 So I'm going to say goodnight.

Thank you @Former-Member @Crazy_Bug_Lady @Rosie@PeppiPatty It was really nice to just sit and chat (& think about food Smiley LOL )

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance