Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Saturday Soiree - all welcome!!

Good happy Saturday @Emelia8 @eth @Flying_Hams @TAB @Former-Member @Bow @Adge @Anastasia @Faith-and-Hope @Clawde @Eve7 @Shaz51 and all forumites joining here! Thanks for the tag @Emelia8 ! 

Today, after having breakfast and reading the paper, I've forgot take my housemate food shopping and then work on a uni assessment that's due on Monday before getting ready to watch the big AFL match tonight- Brisbane Lions vs Geelong Cats. Go the mighty Brisbane Lions! How about you @Emelia8 and others? 

Talk later! Enjoy the rest of Saturday and stay safe! 

Judi9877

Hi @Judi9877  hope all goes okay, quiet weeekend here Hi @eth @Flying_Hams  just off to shop for food. Been away so not too many options here lol

I hope your assignment goes better than the Lions haha @Judi9877
Go Geelong!

But ots good to see you today as always my friend

Ahh guten tag mein friend @TAB

Good morning all  @Emelia8 @Flying_Hams @Judi9877 @TAB @Anastasia  lovely to see the soiree up and running before I made it here.  As is usual these days when I open my inbox there are several things I need to follow up on before I can drop in here.  

@Zoe7 @Shaz51 @Exoplanet I can see you've also tagged me and will read your posts shortly.  Just saying hi here first.

Hi also to @Abby10 @Former-Member and @Bow  as I can see you were here last week.

Pancakes here this morning with bro and sil.  I had 1 with lillipilly jam (from our fruit) and yoghurt and another with maple syrup and lemon juice.  Soooo goood.  Plus some fresh pineapple on the side and a really good coffee.

Double Espresso with Coffee Pancakes - Nespresso Recipes

Hope today has started gently for you all and goes according to any plans you may have.

been a while since had a really good coffee here @eth  pancakes souns nice. My team Port out last night @Zoe7 

Hey @Emelia8   my plan for today is to not have any plans!!... I've been busy every day this week again, and next week looks the same.  Big plus is I saw my previous psychologist on Wed and will keep seeing her weekly again - she's back from maternity leave.  So good to see her and know I'm doing the right thing going back to her instead of staying with the one I saw in the interim. 

Also have had a few long phone calls with a new friend, with whom I feel like we really get each other.  And an invite from another new friend for Monday, who will pick me up and bring me home.  Really looking forward to that.  These are women who I've met through the disability alliance, and gotten to know a lot better online because of zoom meetings.  Good women.  It will be only the 2nd time I've visited a friend's home since I came to live here so a rather major milestone.

I've been following what's been happening for you and supporting when I've been around and you've been on my mind a lot.  Sending you warmest wishes my friend.

Guten Morgen @Flying_Hams  lol what are you up to today?

Tagging @Schitzo @Meowmy @BlueBay @BPDSurvivor @MDMD @Aniela  in case you are looking for somewhere to hang out today.  And @Maggie @CheerBear @Appleblossom @greenpea @Faith-and-Hope @Adge @Angels333 @Molliex  @outlander @Sans911 @Snowie @Owlunar @frog haven't seen you for a bit.  Hope you're all doing as well as possible and getting any support you might want/need.  So many more people I could/should tag, but not up to it today.  

@Emelia8 @Anastasia @Judi9877 @Flying_Hams @TAB  @Exoplanet @Zoe7  @Silenus @Mazarita    Another really great thing that happened for me this week was yesterday being filmed reading some of my poems for an online concert coming up soon.  Wish I could say more but it might be identifying.  Quite exciting and it feels like a brave thing to be doing.  Feel the fear and do it anyway - it's a long long time since I've been able to do that.  Lots of insecurities but stronger desire to give it a shot.  It's not a competition.  

Please tag anyone you feel would like a place to be today, and especially anyone who's new to the forums.  I haven't managed to go looking for them for several days.

A big welcome to anyone new who is reading this.

Sounds like a very good plan to have @eth  ... that of having no plans!  👍

I'm glad to hear that your regular psychologist has returned and that you are back into the routine of seeing her weekly.

That sounds really good Eth that you have come across a couple of new friends, and that you are getting along really well.  Definitely a plus during these times of isolation amid Covid, etc.  The disability alliance is clearly a good place to connect with people with similar interests, issues and values.  Its really great that you are feeling comfortable enough to actually visit a friends home ... definitely a milestone for you.  So very well done to you.  I know its not been easy, but you have always made an effort, and its now paying off for you.  Thanks for following along with whats been happening for me lately, my diagnosis etc.  And yes I know you've been supporting as and when you are around and/or able.  I really appreciate that.  Returning your well wishes with much gratitude.

Emelia 🌸🙏💞

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance